Identity

Discuss the August 2016 Book of the Month, The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar.

You can use this forum to discuss the sequels to this book.

View The Lost Identity Casualties on Bookshelves

View The Lost Identity Casualties on Amazon.
Camogirl217
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camogirl217.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Re: Identity

Post by Camogirl217 »

[quote="CatInTheHat"]Our face is the first thing other people see when they meet us, see us for the first time. It is very much a part of who we are and our presentation to the world of ourselves. Especially as we grow and can control certain things, like make up, hair style, etc, in that presentation to the world.

I totally agree. Our face is who we are as a person, it's how others recognize us. Without a face, we'd all be the same. It's kind of like giving someone your driver's license if you really think about it.
bluemel4
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

Camogirl217 wrote:
CatInTheHat wrote:Our face is the first thing other people see when they meet us, see us for the first time. It is very much a part of who we are and our presentation to the world of ourselves. Especially as we grow and can control certain things, like make up, hair style, etc, in that presentation to the world.

I totally agree. Our face is who we are as a person, it's how others recognize us. Without a face, we'd all be the same. It's kind of like giving someone your driver's license if you really think about it.
I think there is more to us than just our faces. I have been able to recognize someone from the back through posture, clothing style, hair color, and their idiosyncrasies. I think it really depends on how much a person relies on their facial features as a means to define their identity rather than it being the whole sum of identity.
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

Identity is about so much more than our faces - it is our beliefs, our values, our behaviours etc. But we look in the mirror every morning so we are more focused on our own faces, and how they represent our identity, than those of others.
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

Perhaps it would be best to say that the face is a way to identify you, but it is not your actual identity. Identity, to me, is a much more complex issue than looks. One may have the perfect face or the perfect body, but what if he or she is actually a jerk. What is the identity there? The person is a jerk.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

I think a person's self identity may not really depend on the face but for people who relate with him or her, the face is most important.
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

Identify like Dr Braun said is based on the individuals mindset and sense of self. Everyone has a different perspective on what their identity means to them. A soldier could be have burns from top to bottom and still have their sense of self because they feel they haven’t lost the very thing that make them who they are.

Return to “"The Lost Identity Casualties" by Kim Ekemar”