Greetings!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Ancientprof_53
Bookshelf Size: 0

Greetings!

Post by Ancientprof_53 »

My name is Robert Holden. I have been married for going on 47 years and have two children and two wonderful grand daughters !
I am a retired teacher of the gifted/talented (grades 4-8) at Ocean City Intermediate School. After retiring in 2006 after 31 years of teaching joy, I taught Holocaust/Genocide Studies at Trocki Hebrew Academy, supervised student teachers through Rowan University for several years, and taught history at Atlantic Cape Community College's Cape May campus, finally fully retiring in 2016. Forty years was a good career in education!
In 2020, I published an Arcadia History book of my township: "Upper Township and Its Ten Villages", which is still available on Amazon. The book is filled with nearly 200 photos of this historic township in Cape May County.
In 2022 my second book, "Visas to Shanghai" (The story of Chinese Diplomat, Feng Shan Ho who saved thousands of Jews in Vienna by issuing them exit visas to Shanghai) was published to much acclaim. I am interested in writing book reviews for The Online Book Club.
I also am looking forward to securing a position somewhere to read books for audio books/books on CD. If anyone can give me advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Retirement has been a joy!

Return to “Introductions”