Hello OnlineBookClub

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Jacqueline Wattam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacqueline-wattam.html
Latest Review: Casindra Lost by Marti Ward
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Hello OnlineBookClub

Post by Jacqueline Wattam »

Hello,
My name is Jacqueline and I am thirty-something (cough cough) years old. I have a true and deep love for reading and like I'm sure many of you say "I Loved it before it became cool." I have 2 beautiful children that are completely different in every single way possible. One is very serious, with his science experiments and adventure around every corner and the other is a beautiful little princess who wont be happy until her whole dress is covered in dirt or chalk. It gives me a wonderful perspective into the world. I used to be a person who on my own free time read at least 3 books a week and wouldn't go anywhere without a book. I loved my library until my shelves were too full and broke. What a terrible sight it was with a crying pregnant lady, on the floor, trying to get around my big belly to check on my books and make sure they were okay. Then the depression hit and I couldn't go to different worlds the way I used to, my sadness broke through my reading and the movies that were playing in my head became distorted. So, I sold my library, said goodbye to the heartache of seeing them and not loving them. And now, here I am! I am working really hard to find the positive in the beautiful world we have before us and boy am I lucky I found you guys! I have started reading again! I read a couple books on my own that I could find interesting and I felt that spark of true love again. I would like to thank you for letting me be a part of this opportunity and that I appreciate being let into your world.
I have read 3 books with OnlineBookClub and am really loving it so far, on days where I am not fully feeling like myself I go in and read a few chapters and call it a day, digest what I've read. But on the best of days you can't get me to put my laptop down. I love being able to read anywhere, anytime and get something great for having an opinion. I love reading everything I can pretty much get my hands on and comprehend. I am team Bella and believe that she should be able to have love in both worlds and love doesn't necessarily have to be sexual for it to be valued at such high levels. My favourite book series I have read thus far is probably The Lunar Chronicles, I feel like it is the best of so many stories and you can't help but feel hooked and not be able to put it down. It is a series and so obviously I bought a couple books at a time to keep me sustained. ;)
Do to covid this once social creature that used to be out all the time with friends and childrens all around, I am now a home body that doesn't exactly enjoy leaving my house unless its to be with my family outside. I love nature, we have an incredible canal with bridges and walkways all around. It sometimes feels like a fairytale to walk my son to school. Anyways, thats my rant and ramble, I'm here and maybe if you have what I like to say, maybe we can be book buddies. Also willing to try and come out of my shell for brief moments. Thanks!
-Jacqueline :)
abderrahman El achari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abderrahman-el-achari.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 33
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by abderrahman El achari »

Many people do not know that reading is not just a search for ideas, information, and academic achievement, but it is also a very important means of psychological and physical therapy, and Jacqueline’s story falls within this framework. After she lost her library and was psychologically destroyed, I believe that she found the right way to return again to embracing her. Book and meet up with friends. :techie-studyinggray: :oops:
my regards
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

Welcome to the club @Jacqueline Wattam! :)
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Jacqueline Wattam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacqueline-wattam.html
Latest Review: Casindra Lost by Marti Ward
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Jacqueline Wattam »

Thank you guys for your kind words and welcomes. I really appreciate it!
TiborK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tibork.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 2%

Post by TiborK »

Very nice introduction Jacqueline, you have an interesting story and thank you for telling. I myself also just found the club and looking forward to enjoying the benefits of it. Happy reading!
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

Welcome to the club dear :D

Return to “Introductions”