For Everyone New and in Need of a Kindred Spirit

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
JessWrites
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B0862HNWGK

Icon For Everyone New and in Need of a Kindred Spirit

Post by JessWrites »

Hello. You may call me Jess. I am new here, and in my exploring, I can't help but notice a lack of a casual, conversational, and engaging discussion board for new members (I found the introduction thread a bit too 'detached' sorry! :oops: ). As such, for my first post, I welcome you here. :tiphat: If you're new (or not), I am glad you've found this place. I created this for the sole purpose of providing a safe and comfortable space where we can all get to know one another in solidarity, while we accustom ourselves in this new and exciting community. I firmly believe that we all need some measure of belongingness wherever we are, and this place here is no exception. :consoling-smiley:

Please, feel free to share your thoughts, feelings, and experiences with me (no matter how random, nonsensical, or inconsequential they may be), as like you, I am still learning the ropes and familiarizing myself afresh with this world. We're just people talking to people, after all. :mrgreen:

I hope to hear from you soon, book buddies! :coffee3-smiley:
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

We do have such a board here: Community & Off-Topic and here.

Please read the FAQ and this thread: Links and Info for New Members. :text-welcomeconfetti:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Introductions”