Introduction

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
mga9999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mga9999.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Introduction

Post by mga9999 »

Hello! I just now joined this site in hopes of becoming a regular reviewer. Since my welcome email suggested I write a short introduction, here it is. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I am an artist who is also an avid reader.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Please read the FAQ and this thread: Links and Info for New Members. :text-welcomeconfetti:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
mga9999
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mga9999.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by mga9999 »

Thank you so much for the welcome and for this information. I'm reading my first book to review. And I love the Adler quote.
scottamorrill

Post by scottamorrill »

Hi everyone. I am a new author and a new member to this site. I retired from a 25 year career as a lawyer in 2015 (the last 13 years as a lawyer who enforced lawyer ethics rules) and moved to China with my wife for a year to teach. It was life changing. I taught Chinese university students how culture affects communication, world current events and business writing. I am sure I learned more about China than my students learned about me. I took my experience and put it down in my book. I am waiting for some reviews from someone other than family and friends who have, of course, been supportive.

I live in Portland, Oregon with my wife Jane and our rescue dog Blueberry. I am keeping myself busy in retirement writing and learning how to market a self-published book. It was not really my goal to widely publish this book. I was more interested in the process of writing and I learned tons with the help of my editor.

I will be poking around on this site to see if any of your books tickle my fancy. My tastes run from self-improvement (currently reading Willpower Doesn't Work by Benjamin Hardy) to graphic novels (Justice League is now on my Kindle). Have fun reading and writing!

Scott
Last edited by gali on 04 Sep 2021, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Self-promoting
Meyer-me
Currently Reading: A Touch of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 43

Post by Meyer-me »

Hello!! I am Hayley and I’m from Melbourne, Australia. I’m an avid reader, proofreader and copy writer in my spare time, and a dental assistant/ practice manager by trade. I have four amazing kids that share their time between home and their dads, so when I have that down time I love to overindulge in my books!

So excited to be here and experience our love of reading together! :techie-studyingbrown:
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Please read the FAQ and this thread: Links and Info for New Members. :text-welcomeconfetti:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Introductions”