Hello all (new here)

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
BravoJedi
Favorite Author: Jason Albano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 259269

Hello all (new here)

Post by BravoJedi »

Hello all, my name is Jason. At least I found the right button this time. :P I posted earlier in the "Welcome to the Forums" post by Scott and then found the holy grail of buttons, the "Post A New Topic". :wink2:

Well, let me get to proper introductions.

Like I said, my name is Jason. Not a newbie to forums in general, I have been setting up my tent over at the Jedi Council Forums since 2001. But very new to online book forums....maybe this is the only one??? Anyhow, back to my long introduction. :lol2:

I have had an account here for a while, but was waiting for the craziness of publishing three books recently and a professional life transition for my wife & I to settle down before I got more involved. That time is now, even though it took over a year for everything to settle.

Let me see here...what else? Book lover (duh), but my wife outpaces me with book reading by far. I could not read until I was 16 years old (well, had a 5th grade reading level), congrats to our broken education system. But hey, 22 years later, we have a library at our house, I have published 4 books over 7 years, and I could not imagine life without a book in hand now. I started with a Star Wars novel ( Rogue Squadron: The Bacta War ) and a 1999 visual dictionary to teach myself to read. So hey, anything is possible if you set your mind to it.

I look forward to getting more involved in this community and would really appreciate it if someone took the time to show me around a little----these forums look massive! Show me the highlights and the must-to-see places. Thanks!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Hi Jason! Welcome to OnlineBookClub!

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Thank you for the awesome introduction, and I'm so glad that you are able to read now and are enjoying it! It's one of my favorite hobbies for sure. :D

Hope you enjoy your time on the forums!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
BravoJedi
Favorite Author: Jason Albano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 259269

Post by BravoJedi »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 13 Apr 2023, 20:27 Hi Jason! Welcome to OnlineBookClub!

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Thank you for the awesome introduction, and I'm so glad that you are able to read now and are enjoying it! It's one of my favorite hobbies for sure. :D

Hope you enjoy your time on the forums!
Thank you! Reading can change lives; without books, we lose knowledge and lessons of the past. Movies, film, etc. can all be altered. A physical (not digital) book cannot and why so many have lasted throughout time. I do fear, however, if we ever go fully digital on books. Both my wife & I read eBooks, which are great and have a place in our daily lives. But we make sure to keep all the literary classics in physical editions in our library.
Book author of A Story of the Beginning and the No Tears series.
Author Page: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelves/author.php?a=259269

"I guess every once in a while both suns shine on a womp rats tail." - The Mandalorian
07012lucy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 07012lucy »

Hi that is true, my name is Margaret Gideon am so happy to be here

I love reading and writing storys .
Last edited by 07012lucy on 24 May 2023, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Introductions”