hello, i am Choa

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Choa Py
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 2

hello, i am Choa

Post by Choa Py »

Hello, comrades!

I signed in to this forum quite a while ago now, but I never actually got to participate and be an active member of this community. It is going to change today with a proper introduction ;)

My nickname is Choa, I am 37 years old and live in France thus, English is not my first language.

I've been a "book person" since my childhood, so I have read a lot.
I still do read a lot.
I am not saying that to show off. Here, "a lot" is to be read as "slightly more than your average human being?".

Anyway, my favorite author is the late Jack Vance. I love his work so much that after having gone through all I could get my hands on that was available in French, I had no choice but to learn English to enjoy the last couple of absolute gems that never were translated.

Yes, I never paid attention in school, nor did I need to learn English for work.
I did it so I could read more. And what a rewarding journey it was! it opened the door to many books and authors that I would never have discovered otherwise.

So that's me, I will stop here because I am a real chatterbox and this could go on for hours.

Kind regards!

Return to “Introductions”