INTRODUCTION

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Robdel01
Bookshelf Size: 0

INTRODUCTION

Post by Robdel01 »

Greetings, my name is Robert Van Dellen. I recently published Volume I in a 3-Volume series, entitled: Reflections on Literature: Exploring Meaning and Messages. Volume I is The Modern Novel from the Roaring Twenties to the Mythic West. Published by Dorrance Publishing, it discusses the context for the 1920s and the explosion of amazing art during that period, essays on Hemingway, Steinbeck, and George Orwell, and the literature and myths of the American West.
I have a Ph.D. in Literature, was a college professor for number of years, left teaching to go into business, ended up at a career college in Michigan where I taught, served as a dean and Chief Academic Officer and ended my career as college president.
My three-volume collection of essays are all reformatted Talks on Literature I have given over the years as both live presentations and Zoom Talks. A grandfather of nine, my wife and I live half of the year in northern Michigan and half in Florida. For more information, please visit my website at: www.BobTalks.Me.

Return to “Introductions”