Old As Dirt To Reading, But New To This Website

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
VampAmber
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Icon Old As Dirt To Reading, But New To This Website

Post by VampAmber »

Hello, my name is Amber, though I usually go by VampAmber basically everywhere online ever. All the Google hits for it are me, actually, not counting the hits that come up from stuff like "vamp, amber." Why yes, I do in fact Google myself. :lol2:

Just in case you couldn't tell yet, I'm very weird, and try to be a little bit weirder every day. I owe it to Misha Collins to try my hardest, after all. And if you get that reference, then can we be besties? I have the anti-demonic possession symbol as a tattoo, even.

Other than weirdness, I like a bunch of random stuff outside of reading, too. I write, mostly fanfiction at the moment, but I have a few novel plots in my head that I'm sure I could pull off if I could just get myself to start them. Hardest first step ever, I swear. I'm a big horror fan, whether it be movies, tv shows, books, insider knowledge, told as true stuff, urban legends, just about all of that stuff. Yet I don't look it, and that amuses me for some reason.

I have ADHD, so I'm kinda all over the place most days, and that goes for my reading, too. I legit read a little bit of everything, if it sounds interesting at all I'll try it. I'm also always in the middle of at least a dozen and a half books at any given point, and the looks I get when I tell people that, and explain that I can actually keep everything straight, are hilarious. And I'm a gamer geek of the tabletop variety, too (ask me about the campaign I played of Munchkin D20 sometime, I have a great story from it). Oh, and sushi is the best tasting thing to ever exist, just so you know.

Some of my absolute favorite books are: House of Leaves, Good Omens, Battle Royale, Brain Droppings, Red, White, and Royal Blue, The Gospel of Loki, Ready Player One, Fight Club, Invisible Monsters, The Hobbit, A Psalm For the Wild-Built, Into the Drowning Deep, Neverwhere, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Legenda & Lattes, John Dies at the End, Kitchen Confidential, and I'm sure there's a few hundred others that I can't think of at the moment :techie-studyingbrown:

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural, Good Omens, Firefly, Doctor Who, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dead Like Me, No Reservations, Living Single, Iron Chef, Hazbin Hotel, Heartstoppers, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Tales from the Crypt, way too many animes, etc.

Favorite movies: Deadpool, Penelope, Fight Club, Par 6, The Fifth Element, Cabin In the Woods, Howl's Moving Castle, Gremlins, Poltergeist (but only the original), The Decoy Bride, The Matchmaker, The Nightmare On Elm Street series (but as far as I'm concerned, the remake doesn't exist), Bend It Like Beckham, Clerks, Marvel's Avengers, Battle Royale, American Psycho, Sinister

That's probably more info dump than was strictly necessary, so I'll just end with me being excited to be here and to be able to get paid for doing something I love. I'm looking forward to this forum, too, and hope to meet a lot of interesting people and maybe even make some friends. :tiphat:

Return to “Introductions”