Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
metaphysical_muse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-metaphysical-muse.html
Latest Review: Grit & Granite by Katherine Lee Johnson

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Post by metaphysical_muse »

Hey all - it's already such a pleasure! There's nothing like connecting with people who experience a thrill at opening a new book (or ebook, as the case may be). I live on the east coast of the U.S. where I'm attending university. The further my education progresses, the more I find myself combining my enjoyment of books (philosophy, poetry, and theology in particular) with my tea & obscure word collections (one collection shrinks, the other grows the more I read).
Very very excited to interact with some of you in the near future! The fact that you're on a bibliophilic site like this means you're already a star in my mind.
GlitchedSalvation
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading: Twilight
Bookshelf Size: 3
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by GlitchedSalvation »

Hi, I'm Glitch! I'm kind of in a book slump right now, but I'm trying to get back into it. Seemingly, Twilight is helping.
Last edited by GlitchedSalvation on 17 Feb 2023, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
Wisdom Micheal Nwaubani

Post by Wisdom Micheal Nwaubani »

Hello.. I'm Wisdom and I'm new here.. would want to socialize and be part of a reading community. I look forward to becoming a pro reviewer.
Would also want to connect with y'all 😊😊.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Joan Gershman wrote: 13 Feb 2023, 19:46 Hello,

I am new here. I have been an avid reader my entire life and joined in order to read and review a variety of books.

My background is in the Education Field. I was an English teacher, tutor, and Speech/language therapist. I now write for different Internet platforms.

However, I cannot find where or how to start. Where do I go to find a book to read and review?

Thank you.

JoanG
Hi JoanG! Welcome to OnlineBookClub!
:text-welcomeconfetti:

You can review the Review Team guidelines here: review-team/guidelines.php 
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Hi everyone! Welcome to OnlineBookClub!

​Here is a useful link for new members:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83178

Thank you and enjoy your time on the forums!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
HeyMissCarter

Post by HeyMissCarter »

Good Morning. My name is Alex and I'm very new here, its nice to meet you all. I am originally from England but have been living in the US for a while. I am a mental health therapist and personal trainer, and my other love is books/reading for both education and relaxation. I am looking forward to connecting with this global group, and can't wait to dive in to reviewing interesting and different books. :D
Af09_52
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Af09_52 »

Hello everyone,

I am Arlene Francisco from the Philippines. I'm an avid reader and
I am excited to be here and look forward to reading more books you may have.
socks_luther19

Post by socks_luther19 »

Hi my name is Alex and I'm new to the online book club. I have always been a big reader and wanted to give this a shot! Very excited to see how this all turns out. But aside from being an avid reader, I am also a pre-law student in college with a lot of other hobbies.
aradwart

Post by aradwart »

Hello, everyone! (I am brand new to this forum, so I hope I am posting in the correct place!)
I love reading more than ... I think most activities!
Some of my favourite writers include Shirley Jackson, George Orwell, Patricia Highsmith, Tennessee Williams, Sue Townsend, Richard Yates, Alan Hollinghurst, and George Orwell.
My favourite book series include Harry Potter and the Strike & Ellacott books. Two of my favourite books of all time are Doctor Zhivago and Brideshead Revisited.
I will happily read anything from Sir Gawain and the Green Knight to Bridget Jones' Diary. I usually gravitate to 20th century British and American literature, but I love to explore different genres.
I hope everyone reading this is doing well! :)
kevi000

Post by kevi000 »

Sandra...
Hy to everyone...
Im just a reader, tried writing a few times but realized it is not easy as it seems. My ideas would need at least 500-700 pages, and I got broken a few times somewhere on that spot when I would reach 250-300 pages in my draft, so it was at least one hell of a try...

Gichovi MWENDA

Post by Gichovi MWENDA »

I am david, I like reading books. any kind will do for me. I also like arts and am happy to be here. looking forward to having a nice time here
I Like Fiction Books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-i-like-fiction-books.html
Latest Review: Merlin's Rings: Book One: Young Crusaders by Virginia Hoyt

Post by I Like Fiction Books »

Hello
Susann Heidy Castro Garnica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Angel of Death
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susann-heidy-castro-garnica.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Susann Heidy Castro Garnica »

Hello!
Nice to meet you all, My name is Sujetin, I'm a beta reader and also a translator. Books are my passion, so I'm happy to be here :D
Maarit01

Post by Maarit01 »

Hello everyone, I just published a translation of my second book, Its Saddest Sound, in English. I'm an avid reader, from the age of three,read all kinds of books, but preferably mystery, historical fiction and such, in English, Spanish, Swedish and my native Finnish. I'm always on a lookout for good reading and to keep up my language skills, both reading and writing. I'm currently living in Sweden.
BravoJedi
Favorite Author: Jason Albano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 259269

Post by BravoJedi »

Hello all, my name is Jason. This is my first post here, but I have had an account here for several months. I was waiting for the craziness of publishing three books and a professional life transition for my wife & I to settle down before I got more involved. That time is now.

Do not know what else to say, but hello. I am sure I will have more to say as I go through the forums more.

Return to “Introductions”