Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
MoonHippie
Currently Reading: Chocolate Pudding With A Side of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Post by MoonHippie »

Hello All!

I actually found this website by accident, and I am glad I did find it. I love to read and recommend books to people, so am excited to start with reviews and reading new authors. I have dabbled with the idea of writing, but nothing serious. Maybe at some point I will buckle down and write something, but for now I will enjoy what others write :D .
NicoleHilliard1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NicoleHilliard1 »

Hi Everyone,

I am super excited to be a part of this community of avid book lovers, writers and imagineers. I look forward to engaging conversations and getting lost in the next new read.
mdejesus1971

Post by mdejesus1971 »

Hello everyone...single mom in Florida. Looking forward to reading more books again. Work is pretty stressful and books are definitely a way out of that stress. I've written before (short stories and poems) but never published. Seems time has gotten me away from writing. I'm hoping with this online book club, it will give me the drive I once had to start reading and writing again.
Kandjimwena

Post by Kandjimwena »

Hello everyone?

I Wilson, from Namibia. Am glad to be part of this avid book lovers.
Lillie_bug04

Post by Lillie_bug04 »

Hello! My name is Lillie and I am so excited to be joining my fellow book worms. I love reading so much and can't imagine my life without books. I have been reading since I was 3 and can't wait to continue.
Shanice1902
Currently Reading:

Post by Shanice1902 »

Hi Everyone. My name is Shanice, I live in Victoria, Australia and I love reading about WWII, specifically true stories around the Holocaust and escaping the Nazi’s. I just finished All The Things We Cannot Say by Kelly Rimmer and I was crying towards the end of it. I love those kinds of stories. The love people had for each other in that time was so true and actually meant something, unlike today where loyalty means nothing. I suppose that’s why I read these stories, to read about something I want but don’t have. Any who, if you’re keen to chat about this book or any others like it, please message me! I would love to chat and make some new friends!
NicoleHilliard1

Post by NicoleHilliard1 »

Hi Shanice,

I too am a lover of WWII literature. Here are some of the books I have enjoyed on the topic that you might find interesting: the Book Thief, Lilac Girls, Bonhoeffer, and All The Light We Cannot See. I have not yet read All The Things We Cannot Say, but will check it out.
Shanice1902
Currently Reading:

Post by Shanice1902 »

Hi Nicole!

I’m so happy to hear from you! Ooh yes! The Book Thief, I watched the movie before I knew it was an actual book but it’s got such a brilliant story line! I haven’t heard about Lilac Girls; what do you like most about it? Oh my gosh... you’ve read All The Light We Cannot See?! That makes me so happy! How wonderful was it?! I found it very slow to start and the chapters would just get good, then that chapter ended and the next chapter was another story altogether. It had me on my toes the entire way but towards the end, I couldn’t stop. Then I was sad that it ended! What did you like about that one? What made you want to read it? And please read All The Things We Cannot Say! You will need a box of tissues for the end! I love that story in particular for just the power of love Tomasz had for Alina. I won’t go into detail because you haven’t read it but the passion he had for her, knocked me right over!
Dee_Robert
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: Reel sisters
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-robert.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Dee_Robert »

Hello. My name is Dee. I'm an avid reader with particular interest in Historical fiction. I'm also a sweet lover of Christian books. I love making new friends especially readers like me. PM me and let's talk.
Nlehde

Post by Nlehde »

Hey there! Name's NLehde and awful new to this. Looking forward to going headfirst into this and leaving a few nice reviews (depending on how I feel about them)
Not an author but been working on that for a while now. I enjoy horror, mysteries, philosophy, and thrillers. (So, it might not be a surprise I really enjoy Lincoln and Child)
Ashleyhalstead7

Post by Ashleyhalstead7 »

Hi everyone! I love to read and I found this opportunity when looking for a job online. I'm glad to be doing this.
kathyharrell2
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathyh1955.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by kathyharrell2 »

I have always wanted to be a part of a group like this. I read--and I often have an opinion about the book that I feel needs to be shared! :D
jacobcrandell

Post by jacobcrandell »

Hey there everyone!

My name is Jacob Crandell and, like everyone else, I love to read. I listen to audiobooks all the time and I read to start the day and end the day. I'm a full-time employee at the University of Utah as a lab technician and I'm absolutely loving it. It's a rather long commute and I'm hoping to put my love for reading to good use while traveling to and from work. I have a 2-year-old daughter and my wife and I are expecting a baby boy to join our family end of June. I'm super new to online work and doing book reviews so I hope that I can glean from the vast expertise here in this team. Thanks for having me be a part of this community!
jcreel303

Post by jcreel303 »

Hello everyone, I've always liked reading but haven't made time to do it recently, I look forward to being able to discuss and review new books so I'll have more of a reason to finish some more books!
Mkt_81
Currently Reading: White Fragility
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Mkt_81 »

Hi I'm Martha, just joined yesterday. I read a bit of everything but love books with a strong female protagonist :D looking forward to growing my bookshelf

Return to “Introductions”