Hello fellow readers

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
rayaofwakefield
Currently Reading: Der Name des Windes
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Hello fellow readers

Post by rayaofwakefield »

I'm so glad I found this webpage! I always wanted to join a bookclub and this seems to be a really large one! :D

I'm from Vienna, Austria, 42 years old, mother of two children and happily married to a wonderful man. :) As long as I can remember I was always interested in books and started teaching myself to read at the age of 5. In my country, school starts at the age of 6, so this was early. My older sister always read to me in the evenings, so my first book was a book called "Märchenmond" (I suppose it's fairy tale moon in English) by Wolfgang Hohlbein. He's a very famous fantasy author from Germany. Maybe some of you know him. It took me ages to read the book, but I was so determined to have that as my first book, that I finished it. After that, my passion for fantasy really exploded, sometimes I read one book a day, starting in the morning and finishing it under the blankets at night, being incredibly tired in the morning, but happy. I always loved reading books of different genres and my habit is to read about ten books simultaneously.

I work part-time from home as a social media manager and translator (well, there's my passion again, I translate books). I love being at home with the kids and I'm always hoping they will pick up on our passion for reading, as my husband also loves to read.

My favourite genres are fantasy, science fiction, thriller and horror, but I'm open for everything!

My second passion are animals. We had several animals, but nowadays we only have a formicarium. I would love to have more pets again, but we're travelling a lot and it wouldn't be fair to the animal. The ants are just happy on their own, as long as they have enough water and food. :wink:

I really hope to meet nice people here and share my passion and views about books! It will be so interesting and exciting to discuss books with people from all over the world!

Hope to read from you soon! :)

Return to “Introductions”