New in Los Angeles

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
jessicaef
Bookshelf Size: 0

New in Los Angeles

Post by jessicaef »

Hello! I'm a 28-year-old reader/writer in Los Angeles.

Some of the toughest questions in the world contain the words "favorite" and "book/author", but with some things you can't go wrong (Nabakov, Chaim Potok, Judy Blume, Lewis, Didion, Marquez, Amos Oz, Phillip Roth, Hesse, Camus, James Joyce, oh shoot--I'm doing it again...), right?

Seeing live Shakespeare is one of my indulgences, and next year I'm returning to Ashland for the first time in seven years (hooray!). My three year old son shoots off "Billy-the-Shake" one-liners like no one else. I also have a 2 year old daughter.

What else? Check out my web site at jessicaemerson-flemingcom to read excerpts of my first novel, which I just started shopping around. My background is in journalism and playwriting.

Looking forward to this forum!
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Welcome Jessica!
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

Lyn

Post by Lyn »

Welcome Jessica!
My name? Why, just call me God - God the embryo.
awelker

Post by awelker »

Welcome. i hope you enjoy your time here.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
tngwstlnd

Post by tngwstlnd »

You spelled Nabokov wrong. Just kidding. Welcome.

Return to “Introductions”