Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kemmy11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemmy11.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Kemmy11 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula is a book written by R.F. Kristi and illustrated by Jorge Valle. The power of sacrifice and friendship was displayed in this 120 paged children's book. The main character of the book is Inca, the leader of a well-known detective agency called Inca & Company detective agency. Despite it being the 8th in the book series, it is not compulsory to read the previous books before reading and enjoying this book.

Inca and her siblings accompanied their human mom to South Korea, where she had been selected as one of the judges for the French patisserie competition. Solo and Terrance also tagged along. Upon arrival to South Korea, they met Ye-Jun, their tour guide and Baram, his dog. The next afternoon, Inca and Terrance found out about Ye-Jun's sister, Ji, who had gone to North Korea with her kitten, Bo-Mi, to visit their relatives but were yet to return. This information caught the attention of Inca, and she decided to put her investigative skills to action. Were Inca and her incomplete team able to locate Ji and Bo-Mi? Find out as you read this book.

I have read the 7th book in this book series, so I didn’t think twice before selecting this one. Indeed, I enjoyed it. I loved how Fromage and Terrance rescued "La Crème de la Crème" at the airport. My favourite character in this book is Fromage. His boastful and naughty nature is what I loved about him. The way he detailed the events that occurred during the "La Crème de la Crème" presentation to the international judges got me laughing. I also love the few illustrations displayed in this book. The book is flawlessly written that there is no part I disliked.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of the beautiful storyline and originality of the book. The book was written and edited professionally, that I found no typographical or grammatical errors while reading. I love how the author used simple English for easy understanding to both adults and children. Apart from the message of teamwork and sacrifice displayed in this book, I learnt that not everyone who approaches us does that with good intentions, so we shouldn't trust people. Indeed, the devil comes as an angel in disguise.

This book was written in a journal format. Hence, giving detailed information on the events that occurred daily. Children in the age range of 5 to 12 will love this book. The message capped in the book will also come in handy for an adult reader. Overall, this is a great book.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This sounds like an other exciting adventure for Inca and her friends. :cat: :dog: At 120 pages, it’s a good-sized read for this age group. Thank you for your review and recommendation! :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Kemmy11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemmy11.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kemmy11 »

MsH2k wrote: 26 Sep 2021, 19:40 This sounds like an other exciting adventure for Inca and her friends. :cat: :dog: At 120 pages, it’s a good-sized read for this age group. Thank you for your review and recommendation! :balloon:
It is indeed very interesting. You’d love it.
Amelia-Lily
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amelia-lily.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Amelia-Lily »

I think Kristi has found her niche with the series of books she wrote about Inca and her detective friends. 

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”