Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Charles Jeremiah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-jeremiah.html
Latest Review: Now I See by Sandra Leon Gonzalez

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Charles Jeremiah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Follow the life of Tina and her family in Africa while she tells us of her bad days before her life turned around. Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin is a memoir of the author that she uses to share her story before she found love. Years before Tina married Peter and had her boys, she was a young lad surviving in a world with predators, and sadly, she fell into a trap. This book is based on Tina’s family leaving their Atlanta home on the sea for a vacation to Johannesburg, South Africa. While on the plane, she narrates her experiences, including an occasion of assault. First by her high school boyfriend and then by someone in her workplace.

Tina never knew what love was until she met Peter. She felt like a new person with him, even after she had experienced it. With him by her side and with the assistance of therapy, Tina overcame the trauma. She also writes about the number of girls that undergo rape and may or may not recover from it. The story continues in Africa with more for the family to experience.

Bluewater Walkabout consists of 23 chapters, which begin with a nice photo and a quote. This book is insightful, emotional, and saddening. Showing us the importance of love and family, we learn that we can overcome rough days when we are around the right people. We also see the importance of therapy, which can come in various relieving forms. Tina’s life is a journey of pain that ends with light at the end of the tunnel, and it would give hope to numerous girls who have been victims of unfortunate circumstances.

Bluewater Walkabout is a book that would have other girls like Tina speak up because we know numerous girls have been through the same rough patches, but they are traumatized and unable to seek help. I love the message of this book and the style in which the author tells her story. The trip to Africa is full of crazy moments. I enjoyed those moments. Bluewater Walkabout is exceptionally edited. There were no grammatical or punctuation errors.

I rate this book, Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin, five out of five stars. This book is void of errors and complicated texts. I was baffled and angered when I read the scene where the author was harassed and molested, and no one did anything about it. This book is emotional and thus helped me connect more with the story. I recommend this book to girls and women who may have experienced something similar and to individuals willing to help people in difficult situations.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

A journey filled with a lot of emotions. Tina is one of a kind her story was unique though the flashbacks got too much in the book. I enjoyed the plot it was intriguing.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

I enjoy adventures like this. I believe Tina and her family enjoy their visit and cross it off their list. This book is also uplifting when we get to understand what the author had to go through to release this book. Nice review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

I did enjoy the tale of Tina and her adventure with her family across the pacific, surely inspiring and exciting. I like this review.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Chimezie Agbata
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimezie-agbata.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Chimezie Agbata »

Tina's story was very inspiring and filled with courage. I think everyone young woman should read this book. I really enjoyed reading your review an I very much agree with your rating of this book. Nice review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

In this book, you could see Tina's love and devotion to her husband. Her narrations of her husband, sons and her family at the National Park was most interesting. Interesting review.
Gabriele Mattia Leonardo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriele-mattia-leonardo.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gabriele Mattia Leonardo »

Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin is such an inspiring story. The woman's courage and bravery to tell such story about what she went through is just wonderful. I agree with your points and observations of this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”