Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Review of Wild World

Post by Jay David Randall »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Student Democratic Society (SDS), an anti-war protesting group, was founded in the late 1900s after what appeared to be a North Vietnamese torpedo boat attack on two U.S. destroyers in the Gulf of Tonkin. This incident led to the use of military force by the United States government in the conflict between northern and southern Vietnam. It also incited a political division among citizens of the United States of America and led to the formation of anti-war protest communities.

In his historical fiction work, Wild World, Peter S. Rush focuses on the anti-war protest movement that was active throughout the Vietnam War. Steve Logan, a student at Brown University who was motivated to join the police force to make a difference in the anti-war protest movement, is the book's main subject. After students at Kent State University in Ohio were killed, Steve Logan was inspired to act. Corruption, anti-war protests, politics, drama, and romance are some of the topics in this book.

One day in the police department's locker room, Steve Logan was taunted and physically assaulted next to his locker by his fellow police officers. What I found admirable about this incident was Steve's guts and courage to withstand the hostility of his opponents and to continue acting morally despite how he was treated. I could feel Steve Logan's unwavering devotion to Roxy Fisher, his girlfriend. Even if it meant losing his job and giving up on his goal of becoming a lawyer, Steve was ready to do everything for Roxy. He was always there for Roxy while she was struggling with her emotions. For instance, Roxy's mother once called her harsh names and made her cry, but Steve was there to comfort her. The author did a tremendous job creating a book that generates emotional responses from the reader. I say this because, while I read this book, I felt emotions of love, rage, betrayal, and joy. 

While reading this book, I didn't notice any grammar errors, but I found the usage of profanity to be dislikeable. However, despite the use of profanity, I was still able to enjoy it. Aside from the aforementioned, I have no complaints about this book because I thoroughly enjoyed reading every chapter.

I would give the book Wild World by Peter S. Rush a rating of 4 out of 5 stars because of the usage of profanity, and I will state that this book is exceptionally well-edited because I didn't notice any grammar errors.

Peter S. Rush's book Wild World falls into the categories of politics, corruption, romance, and love. As a result, I would recommend this book to the reader who liked the genre indicated above. Aside from that, I would also recommend this book to adults due to the use of profanity.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

It sounds like Steve is an admirable character. I have this book on my list and look forward to reading about his quest to make a difference. Thank you for your thorough review.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I love Steve’s courage in this story. Though he was convinced by Roxy to stand up, but his actions in the police force was purely on his accord. I enjoyed reading this novel.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

This book sounds interesting from your review. Good job
Anna_1203
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-1203.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Anna_1203 »

I admired Steve's courage and morals, but for me, the profanity seemed out of balance. I am glad you enjoyed this book. Thank you for your wonderful review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I haven't read this book, but I have read different reviews on it, and theirs and yours all point to the fact that the book was well-writtten. I admire Steve's courage and I hope he pulls through in a corrupt system. Wonderful review welldone!!!
ELI MESHACK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eli-meshack.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by ELI MESHACK »

Steve is such an admirable character. I love the courage he had to stand against corruption and help to bring justice for his people and those who were killed as a result of the war. I haven't read this book, but your review is very nice and amazing. Welldone!!
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

MsH2k wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 19:53 It sounds like Steve is an admirable character. I have this book on my list and look forward to reading about his quest to make a difference. Thank you for your thorough review.
Such kind words, I do appreciate your remark. Gratitude :tiphat:
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Oyedeji Funmilayo wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 12:24 I haven't read this book, but I have read different reviews on it, and theirs and yours all point to the fact that the book was well-writtten. I admire Steve's courage and I hope he pulls through in a corrupt system. Wonderful review welldone!!!
I could put my bets on it Oyedeji, you definitely would enjoy this historical fiction.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

I think this is an exceptional historical fiction story that I will like to add to my TBR. I enjoyed every bit of this review, nice job
Chinex Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinex-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Chinex Otuokere »

Wonderful review. One can easily get an insight of the message the author is trying to pass. The book has a lot of history between Vietnam and USA. I would love to read the book someday
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

I also like Steve's guts and courage to withstand the hostility of his opponents and to continue acting morally despite how he was treated, that’s so brave of him and I love that author did a tremendous job creating a book that generates emotional responses from the reader.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This sounds like an interesting book. I’m disheartened some students were killed during the protest.I love how Steve made a great effort to fight corruption. Thanks for the great review.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I admire the courage and bravery of Steve, the book is really interesting and motivating. I enjoy your review.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

I'm not an ardent lover of historical fiction books, so I'll pass it on to people who love it. However, the review seems engaging and inspiring because I loved the character of Steve. Well done.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”