Review of JTs World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blackstenius
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Review of JTs World

Post by Blackstenius »

[Following is a volunteer review of "JTs World" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

JT's World is the last book in E. Alan Fleischauer’s five-book JT Thomas novel series. This piece is a standalone work of fiction that can be enjoyed without reading its prequels. It is a Western book set in the early twentieth century. The plot revolves around John Thurgood Thomas, alias JT Thomas, a wealthy man who is on the verge of launching his new business empire, his own small world, named "JT’s World”, an amalgamation of recreational facilities and social amenities that include a bar and restaurant, an amusement park, an arts theatre, a school, and a miniature hospital.

A homicide resulting from some mistaken identity triggers a series of subsequent murders, and all these spoil the mood for the planned grand opening of 'JT's World.’ This pushes JT to go on a trip, taking a much-needed break from the chaos in his business quarters. Along the way, he meets different kinds of people; some are amiable, while others are hostile, and he has to constantly stay alert to survive. This expedition is also JT's pursuit of happiness. With multiple people baying for his blood, will JT survive?

The book’s genre is a blend of action, adventure, crime, and romance. It has a steady pace and great character depth. The tale has loads of action, with sword and gun fights, and bounty hunters chasing after their targets amidst thrilling fire exchanges. The writing style is a fusion of narrative writing (classic storytelling) and descriptive writing. Some of the book's themes are romance, vengeance, and reincarnation, if it's a real thing.

Fleischauer skillfully used words to paint vivid pictures of the different characters and scenes. He utilized highly descriptive language that captured all the senses - sight, smell, taste, hearing, and touch. This enhanced the mood of the story. The narrative had bits of suspense and unexpected twists and turns, and these compelled me further forward into the story to see what followed. One thing I liked was June Gibbons' decision to be accountable for his past choices and actions.

The author crafted several great, likable characters, but my favorite was the titular character. JT didn't take advantage of Maria when she was at her weakest and most vulnerable state. He chose not to dishonor the young lady for personal gratification and, in so doing, he preserved her dignity. That's not something that most men in JT's position would do, and that was exemplary of him. I was as well awed by his humility, compassion, kindness, and generosity towards those in need. His patience and utmost respect for Jessica were also admirable.

I found nothing negative concerning this book. I noticed fewer than five typos, and for this reason, I believe the book was professionally edited. There being no reason weighty enough to warrant a point deduction, I rate JT's World 5 out of 5. Based on this book's ending, I think the author brought the series to a perfect conclusion, even though I haven't read all the books in the series. Readers who love Western thrillers will find this book enjoyable. This novel is also well-suited for fans of action and adventure books as well as lovers of romance novels. The book is suitable for people of all religious backgrounds.

JTs World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

It is admirable that one can enjoy the last installment of a five-book series as a standalone. JT sounds like an admirable guy. I hope JT's World will be a great success once they get over the grand-opening tragedies.
Thank you for your enjoyable review.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Blackstenius
Currently Reading:

Post by Blackstenius »

MsH2k wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 20:01 It is admirable that one can enjoy the last installment of a five-book series as a standalone. JT sounds like an admirable guy. I hope JT's World will be a great success once they get over the grand-opening tragedies.
Thank you for your enjoyable review.
Yes, the book had an amazing romance story and exciting twists. However, trouble seemed to always follow JT but he was ultimately rewarded. Thank you for stopping by.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This seems like a great book to read, especially as I enjoyed one of E Alan Fleischauer's other books. I love that JT is a very likeable and admirable character who doesn't take advantage of people. I also love that this can be read on its own or as part of a series. It sounds like an interesting action filled novel. Thanks for a great review!
Blackstenius
Currently Reading:

Post by Blackstenius »

Catalina Aspinall wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 03:01 This seems like a great book to read, especially as I enjoyed one of E Alan Fleischauer's other books. I love that JT is a very likeable and admirable character who doesn't take advantage of people. I also love that this can be read on its own or as part of a series. It sounds like an interesting action filled novel. Thanks for a great review!
Sure, the author weaved a good action story that had a perfect balance of romance.
I share your sentiment: I'm looking forward to reading Alan Fleischauer's other book Just Die because of its interesting storyline. I appreciate your feedback!
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

[/quote]

Sure, the author weaved a good action story that had a perfect balance of romance.
I share your sentiment: I'm looking forward to reading Alan Fleischauer's other book Just Die because of its interesting storyline. I appreciate your feedback!
[/quote]

That's great! Let me know what you think if you do read it, and I'll do the same with this one. I look forward to seeing some of your futures reviews 😊
Blackstenius
Currently Reading:

Post by Blackstenius »

That's great! Let me know what you think if you do read it, and I'll do the same with this one. I look forward to seeing some of your futures reviews 😊
Thanks, will do.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”