Review of How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Review of How To Be Successful

Post by Aswin3848 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Everyone wants to be successful in life. Many books provide stories of individual struggles and how they achieve success despite all the roadblocks. But we seldom get a book where the author puts his life story together, assembles interviews with the ones who inspired him to succeed, and shares the insights from each of these interviews. How To Be Successful: Think Like A Leader by M. Curtis McCoy is one of those unique books. The book is jam-packed with twenty-seven chapters and eight interviews, but every chapter is a life lesson and every interview is a soul-searching one.

The set-up of the book is incredible. The writer's journey from being a successful entrepreneur to a life coach and something beyond that is nothing short of praiseworthy. We are stuck with the book since some interviews are conducted with people at the top of their game. The answer to certain questions is so accurately related to us that we start pondering over it. Everyone has excuses for not doing things in a certain way, not achieving the desired results, and not building a solid friendship. Most of our lives thrive on excuses. But the book helps you discover the reason for these excuses and how to get rid of them.

Similarly, our attitude towards something or someone makes or damages our future. Having the right attitude will go a long way towards enabling us to achieve success. I loved all the interviews conducted by the author. However, the interview with Jeff "Biggs" Wobig is one of my favorite.

I could not find anything negative about the book. It is exceptionally well edited with no errors. This makes the journey more beautiful.

I will give the book 5 out of 5 stars. It is short, not preachy, and keeps us hooked. The chapters are life-changing, and the book will be my recommendation to everyone struggling with life goals. People who want a no-nonsense book with short but practical examples should get this one. It is also a must-read for entrepreneurs.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

Absolutely incredible. I wanna read this one too 😁 seems to be a good read for ambitious People. Well done 👍
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Sarah Zain »

This book seems to have some useful ideas from another perspective. Your review is detailed I enjoyed reading it.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
The Keeper Jr
Favorite Book: The Cruel Prince
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-keeper-jr.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by The Keeper Jr »

Books like this are so helpful when you think about how to be successful and then this book pops up. I have read many other books on how to become successful or how to improve yourself. However, reading a book where the author shares about his life and writes from his point of view can be really beneficial. I liked the review and I would love to read the book one day. Thank You!
"Once I did bad and that I heard ever. Twice I did good, but that I heard never." - Dale Carnegie
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”