Review of Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3047
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Review of Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When President Richard Nixon signed the National Cancer Act into law in 1971, many must have thought it was the beginning of a coordinated attack on cancer. In France, Dr. Mirko Beljanski had found natural remedies that could work perfectly with existing conventional treatments. Five decades later, the disease is still claiming lives, reducing the overall quality of life, and placing a huge burden on individuals, families, and health care systems. In Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure, Sylvie Beljanski describes the opposition and injustice her father faced and how she has continued this invaluable work, which attracts resistance from companies and other special interests. While it all started as a way to propagate her father’s work and legacy, the mission eventually became her purpose and lifelong pursuit.

The book is not merely about successful scientific studies conducted to prove the efficacy of natural extracts; it is about saving lives in the face of an opposing current trying to do the opposite. From using unjust systems and deploying resources to employing cunning tactics to evading and cheating their way through the legal system, the current players have placed bottlenecks to ensure they reap profits and stifle competition. Sylvie, for instance, states, “It always amazes me how political correctness is used again and again to stifle the emergence of any other valid scientific concepts.” The book contains lessons that not only apply to the medical world but could also be employed in other fields facing similar challenges.

I loved Sylvie’s storytelling approach; this is not just a matter of pushing across a narrative or defending an argument. Her story is not just about pain resulting from injustice caused and meted out by unfair systems fed by powerful interests but also about kindness and love. In her hour of need and desperation, a stranger had stepped out to help her, which in a world blanketed in darkness glows brighter. Her story is one of resilience and hope, boldly taking the only visible step in a long ladder without the advantage of seeing the rest of the steps. In the fullness of time, one realizes this is a just cause, and they can join it too.

It is evident that we are making strides towards winning the war on cancer, but the disease is still winning. It, therefore, behooves us to find new strategies to secure the gains we have made and save more lives. Winning the War on Cancer presents some of the best natural remedies. More importantly, I am glad the author does not just come to replace one regimen with another; the approach fronted is one of complementing conventional with proven alternative medicine. Consequently, as you read this book, you are not being prepared to get rid of your doctor but to be informed and armed with knowledge the next time you are made to look at things through a thin, microscopic lens.

Some portions of the appendix, particularly some titles of Dr. Mirko Beljanski’s publications, should have been translated from French to English. Apart from this, every aspect of the book is excellent, so I rate it four out of four stars. The book is most suitable for those interested in alternative cancer treatments. Since cancer is widespread and is still on the rise, this book holds valuable information for everyone. From patients, survivors, health care workers, and every other reader, there is something for you here, including advocating for alternative treatment and free space for science and research.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
lawisimportant23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawisimportant23.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by lawisimportant23 »

This is a truly enlightening book. Great review.
Rosandra Hosein
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosandra-hosein.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Rosandra Hosein »

This was one of the books that inspired me to choose my current career path. I'm definitely going to read this again.
Rosandra Hosein

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”