Review of East Wind, 2nd Edition

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of East Wind, 2nd Edition

Post by Uche Active »

[Following is a volunteer review of "East Wind, 2nd Edition" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

America is considered one of the states with the highest security agencies and forces. They not only defend their country but also defend the world and help to maintain peace. However, in this book, the efficiency of US intelligence is tested.

A group of buildings, including the Marina Del Ray, were leveled, and humans lost their lives in a bomb explosion. The US security forces and intelligence teams swing into action immediately, which leads them to employ the services of Uri, a member of the special operations arm of Mossad, and Lara, a member of the FBI. Uri realizes later that the perpetrators were the same terrorist organization from his last mission. However, what they are not aware of is that real criminals manipulate and use the minds of unsuspecting young people like Walid. Walid has another assignment to bomb another area. Will he be successful? Will Uri and Lara catch on to their plan quickly? Read this book to find out.

One thing I like about this book is how realistic and truthful it is. I had to read the author’s biography to understand how and where he got the inspiration for this book. The author is either well-versed in this area or did thorough research before writing the book. The book completely mirrored society, just like excellent artwork. It gave a picture of the various terrorist groups that arise every day and the conscious efforts of the US security forces to defend states. It showed how technologically advanced these terrorist groups are in their operations and how they prey on young minds to perform jobs, including suicide missions, while the dictators hide in the shadows.

Jack Winnick is so many things, including an excellent and seasoned writer. I wouldn’t know if it is because he is an actor, but the book felt like a movie as I read it. In East Wind, 2nd edition, the author puts in an epic and catching prologue that would make readers not want to stop reading. The beginning was epic, and so was the end. I can’t wait to read the next sequel in this series.

There was nothing to dislike about this book. Even though it is lengthy, it is a page-turner and worth every page. The book had just enough of every element. Jack Winnick blends suspense, thrillers, good and bad news, action, comedy, and romance to produce this exciting piece. He also included a mix of developed characters, major and minor, that served their roles well. It introduced them well and showed their hubris, pains, and achievements. I found just one error in this book, which shows that it was professionally edited. Therefore, I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars for these positive reasons.

I recommend this book to lovers of action, crime, investigation, and thrillers. History fans can also learn about the US and Israel’s alliances. However, I advise children to stay away due to its violent scenes, profanity, and sex rating.

East Wind, 2nd Edition
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Azuka Jessica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Ok wow.... I wonder who or what association dares to test the efficiency of the united State. I am looking forward to reading this book. I also wonder what Uri and Lara have together.
Christabel Ify Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-ify-benson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Christabel Ify Benson »

Your review is well-articulated and gives a good overview of the book. I appreciate how you highlighted the role of the author's mother in shaping his education and discipline, as this adds a personal touch to the story.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

It was the title that seemed catchy to me, reading this review, I couldn't agree more that this book is an excellent book to read. I hope the author keeps writing more beautiful books like this one,.Big kudos to him and to you as well.
Anabel Mack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

I really loved this book. Lara and Uri are at the centre of it all once more. It is indeed nice that we get to read stories like this. It's fascinating.
Sinachi Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sinachi-azuka.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Sinachi Azuka »

I don't enjoy lengthy books but I love the accolade given to the author. I should grab a copy of this book to confirm the reviewer's claim of the book and author, East Wind and Jack Winnick.
Noble Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noble-reads.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Noble Reads »

East Wind is also one of the amazing works of Jack Winnick. It is a part of the Lara and Uri franchise that talks about crime and terrorism. I totally enjoyed reading this book. Nice review.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

Your review effectively highlights the realism and truthfulness portrayed in the book, which adds to its overall appeal. It's commendable how you took the time to read the author's biography and connect the dots between their expertise or extensive research and the authenticity of the story. This attention to detail demonstrates your keen interest in understanding the background behind the book.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

Jack Winnick skillfully combines suspense, thrillers, action, comedy, and romance to create this exhilarating piece. Additionally, he expertly incorporates a diverse range of well-developed characters, both major and minor, each fulfilling their roles effectively within the narrative. Great review.
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Sheen Jenny »

"East Wind, 2nd Edition" takes readers on a thrilling journey through the world of espionage and terrorism. The collaboration between US intelligence and Mossad adds depth to the story, keeping readers on the edge of their seats. A captivating read that explores the manipulation of young minds in the pursuit of terror.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Jessica Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Jessica Azuka »

I've learned from movies that evil people use innocent people as puppets and end up making them useless. I hope that the real evil people are found. I'm rooting for Lara and Uri.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”