Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book" by Kalliope Barlis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Play Golf Better and Faster by Kalliope Barlis

The Book Play Golf Better and Faster by Kalliope Barlis is a handbook written with practical steps to become a pro golfer.
The author explains step by step how to learn and become a pro with doable activities that can be done by anyone ready to learn and focus on mastering their golf skills.

The main objective in golf is to land the ball at your target. You learn better responses to your target by practicing from different angles of approach to an intended target.
The book outlines ways to create quality practice that will help you master the art of playing golf. Following the practical steps in this book will make you a pro even as a beginner in the golf journey who is ready to take over the world of golf.

I like the author's writing style. It includes illustrations and patterns and employs one's imagination to show the readers what is expected of them to achieve their goals. With such visual representation, readers can see themselves play better as they learn from the author's instructions.
The author skips the golf world jargon to present an impeccable way of understanding and learning to be a pro in life and golf play. When we want to be better at something, we tend to focus on getting the right equipment. The most important equipment for success in this journey is you. Yes, you. This is because how you use the equipment brings you the outcome. The author directs readers' focus to the major resource needed for success, and that’s you. It’s why you have this handbook to point you on the right path to success and see you through the good and bad golf days.

What else is new? People think they can buy their game, but all the resources to improve are within them. Statements like this capture your attention and then direct your focus to the learning points.
I like the optimism in this book. It builds positive vibes and allows you to have pleasant thoughts every step of the way. The author portrays that every shot is a good shot. This is true because you will learn something from every shot. You have statements like this in the book, which help put your mind at peace. The calmness helps you focus to make good decisions. One good decision at a time, and you’re on your way to achieving great things in life and golf."

Although the book’s major focus is to improve golf skills, the author also teaches mindset techniques that can be applied to various aspects of life, enhancing your enjoyment of every moment. The exercises in this book teach you how to upgrade and optimize your mindset to achieve your goals.

The handbook is professionally edited, with zero errors—kudos to the author—and is easy to read. It includes lessons to practice with accompanying pictures demonstrating various positions and targets. I did not have any dislikes about the book; the author addressed all issues with impeccable writing.

I recommend this book to young adults and everyone looking to enhance their lifestyles. Even if you have no intention of playing golf professionally, you will still find valuable life hacks in this handbook that can improve your daily living. You’ll be amazed at how much you can learn from this handbook and the positive changes it can bring to your lifestyle. It's worth noting that the book contains some profanity, so readers should be aware. I find no flaws in this book; therefore, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

I agree with everything in this review. Spending a lot of money on golf clubs is silly when you realize that most of the improvement in our golf game will come from how we use our thoughts. I like how you emphasized that these same skills can be used to improve how we do things in life outside of golf too. Thank you for this inspiring and informative review. I want to improve my golf game, and i believe that the exercises contained in this book will help me more than expensive golf clubs. :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”