Review of Phobia Relief

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harshitha Nayak
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 65%

Review of Phobia Relief

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Phobia Relief" by Kalliope Barlis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book discusses the concept of fear, its accompanying factors, how it impacts life, and the steps that can be taken to address it.

The author introduced us to the investigation of the root of fear, how it is associated with us even when the source of fear is not present, and how simply thinking about something or someone can paralyze us without truly addressing the true cause. This introductory chapter provided a solid foundation for the book, sparking my interest in delving deeper into its content, exploring people's reactions to it, and understanding how to manage the resulting consequences.

The author discusses the brain and its thinking process, as well as how thinking helps us train our brain to navigate the path to a happy lifestyle. The brain is a complex and intelligent organ that stores various memories of activities that impact us. Therefore, it is crucial to comprehend brain chemistry and acquire the skills needed to make necessary adjustments to overcome challenges. Because the brain is highly adaptive, there is a real possibility of living a life free of continual fear. The main focus is on characteristics associated with freedom and their relevance, which are presented and addressed using good examples. How essential it is to have the freedom to do whatever you want; how meaningful it will be to have a normal life and spend quality time with family. Fear is an invisible cord that has the power to bind us forever and prevent us from experiencing life to its fullest. All of these aspects and suggestions are provided for our consideration.

On the other hand, a phobia is described as an intense fear. The problematic issue with phobias is that they do not respond to logical ideas; they simply exist to paralyze us. However, there are effective strategies to combat them if we are willing to redirect our thought patterns and take control by giving commands to our brain. The author provided an excellent live audience example to support this theory, which is documented. There are various types of fears, both cultivated and natural, and they can be advantageous or harmful. We are only born with two fears: loud noises and falling down, which are all cultivated in certain conditions. With the correct methods, we can improve the way we cultivate. Next comes positive fear, which involves taking precautions to protect ourselves from harmful things, which is necessary. However, negative fear consumes all of our energy, time, thoughts, and hope of living peacefully.

In everyday life, fear can hinder us from forming relationships with others by restricting our chances for adventure and exploration, and by confining us to a corner, leading a purposeless life. As a result, it is essential that we take steps toward self-improvement.
How much should a person suffer from fear? How many missed opportunities will drive us to eventually take action to improve? How much larger is the version of the picture we drew to represent the fear that consumes us completely? So, in order to make modifications, the author offered ideas about perspective. How a slight shift in perspective might help you see the problem more clearly. It is important to analyze the situation from all angles, and an examination of it will be a game-changer.

For me, it's a five-star book, and each topic deserves it. The author did an outstanding job of delivering impactful concepts in a simple way that any reader could understand and utilize. Arthur receives praise for mentioning the client's case study, which felt personal because we can all relate to it.
The book's implementation, which includes real-life examples, statistics to back up the theories, and self-analysis activities, stands out. We can see the effort that went into it.

I greatly enjoyed the book, and I found no objectionable ideas or methods. There were no negative aspects to the book because the author presented a compelling message in a straightforward manner. The editing team did a great job of presenting the book in an error-free manner.

Pick up this book, delve into the concepts, apply them in your life, break free from past fears, and celebrate the future.

Phobia Relief
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I can resonate with you in your reading experience about the book. The author were expert in this subjects I think. She really good at describing her point in the simple way that it can be understood by novice reader. Thank you for writing your thoughts here.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

Wow what a thorough review. I only touched on the topics in mine, but you went into amazing depth. Like you, I loved this book, and I even had a phobia that it helped me beat!
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Homecoming Heist by Tyson Collin

Post by Priya Murugesan »

I have read this book and like you, I too enjoyed it a lot. You have provided a deep analysis of the book!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 55%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

This review provides a comprehensive exploration of fear, its impact on life, and strategies for overcoming it, praising the book for its clear explanations, impactful concepts, and practical implementation, making it a valuable resource for personal growth.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

:techie-studyinggray: I loved reading this book. I am a fan of neuro-linguistic programming which Barlis uses in this book to help us get rid of phobias. The author also wrote another book that helps us use NLP on the golf course to provide better focus and rid ourselves of negative thoughts. Wow! Your review is full of information to lead one to read this book.
Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajaee.html

Post by Rajaee »

My favourite book of Kalliope Barlis. It is a well-written, well-explained manual in this matter that one can use to overcome fears and phobias.
Thanks for the review.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 620%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Beautiful review! The author can explain concepts in a very easy way. I am glad you can use it immediately. It is worth the 5 stars.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”