Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dani Elle Ele
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker is a compelling science fiction novel that takes readers on an intriguing journey into the mysterious and lush landscapes of Zona. Dr. Grant Taylor, the protagonist and nephew of the adventurous Uncle Randall, inherits the quest to uncover the truth behind Randall's disappearance in this forbidden Northern Siberian region. The narrative unfolds with a captivating mix of adventure, discovery, and suspense. Baker's artful descriptive language immediately captures the reader's attention, dispelling any initial reservations about the book's cover. The exceptional editing enhances the overall reading experience, making it a standout in the science fiction genre.

This book was indeed a great read for me. The plot seamlessly weaves together the enigmatic allure of Zona, diverse animal species, and the emotional challenges faced by the characters. The inclusion of intimate scenes and animal violence is handled with tact, leaving room for readers' imaginations. The warning for mature readers is balanced by the tasteful portrayal of these elements. There was nothing I found in this book that stood out to me. The discovery at the end of Chapter 18 adds a layer of intrigue, serving as a well-executed cliffhanger. I really enjoyed the suspense in this book.

This book explores themes of mystery and adventure as Dr. Grant Taylor delves into the uncharted territory of Zona to uncover the truth behind his uncle's disappearance. The narrative seamlessly weaves elements of human emotions, fantasy, curiosity, and the exploration of nature, creating a concise yet captivating reading experience. I did not see any errors in this book, which shows that it was exceptionally well edited by the author. Due to the book's captivating storyline and nice character development, I will rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to mid-teenagers and adults who enjoy a thrilling blend of science fiction and fantasy, featuring mystery, adventure, and captivating human dynamics. If you appreciate stories with intriguing characters and elements of curiosity, this book is a compelling choice.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

I was perplexed by Grant's determination to find his missing uncle. Not everyone our days can pay so much sacrifice. Nice book
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Post by Mary Clarkee »

Grant's relentless pursuit to find his missing uncle struck me deeply. In the contemporary era, few can commit to such profound sacrifices. The narrative resonated with the challenges of our time."
AGBATA DONALD Chidera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-donald-chidera.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by AGBATA DONALD Chidera »

This book kept me curious for a long time. I couldn't wait to see what Grant will see in the lands of Zona. This is a great book
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Miracle Man by Dr. Dave Ferruolo

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker is a mesmerizing science fiction tale that transports readers into the captivating world of Zona. Following the journey of Dr. Grant Taylor as he unravels the mystery surrounding his uncle's disappearance in Northern Siberia, the narrative brims with adventure, suspense, and discovery.
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

Great review here. You broke down every section appropriately. An interesting read I must say, the story-line is top notch, the characters are well developed and I definitely want to read this.
Nuru Menene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nuru Menene »

The author's ability to capture the essence of human relationships is unparalleled in this deeply moving and relatable read.
Donaldo cris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldo-cris.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Donaldo cris »

Grant's unwavering determination to locate his vanished uncle left a profound impression on me. In today's world, it's rare to witness such profound dedication and sacrifices. The story reflects the struggles of our modern era.
Kikelomo Awowole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kikelomo-awowole.html
Latest Review: Prosperity Gospel by Roger Smalling

Post by Kikelomo Awowole »

An interesting read I must say, the story-line is top notch, the characters are well developed and I definitely want to read this.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker is a captivating sci-fi novel following Dr. Grant Taylor's quest to uncover the mysteries of his uncle's disappearance in Siberia's forbidden region. Baker's descriptive language and suspenseful narrative make it a standout in the genre.
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker is a captivating science fiction novel following Dr. Grant Taylor's quest to uncover the truth behind his uncle's disappearance in the mysterious Zona. Baker's descriptive language and exceptional editing make it a standout in the genre.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Daberechi Precious »

This book is indeed a nice and engaging. the book was well detailed and educating, well developed characters. Nice review you have here.
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker is a compelling science fiction novel that takes readers on an intriguing journey into the mysterious and lush landscapes of Zona. Dr. Grant Taylor, the protagonist and nephew of the adventurous Uncle Randall, inherits the quest to uncover the truth behind Randall's disappearance in this forbidden Northern Siberian region. The narrative unfolds with a captivating mix of adventure, discovery, and suspense. Baker's artful descriptive language immediately captures the reader's attention, dispelling any initial reservations about the book's cover. The exceptional editing enhances the overall reading experience, making it a standout in the science fiction genre.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I am a lover of mysteries and adventures and I love this book for that, gives me a wonderful experience of venturing into the forbidden land of Zona.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”