Review of All Body Bags and No Knickers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Review of All Body Bags and No Knickers

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

[Following is a volunteer review of "All Body Bags and No Knickers" by Shawe Ruckus.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book, "All Body Bags and No Knickers" by Shawe Ruckus, takes readers on a journey filled with surprises with newlyweds Catherine and Chance. This newlywed embarked on their honeymoon in China. While the couple anticipates a joyful visit to Chance's family, they soon find themselves entangled in a mysterious and dark puzzle that requires unraveling.

The book presents a mix of engaging elements, including witty dialogue and well-developed characters like Catherine and Chance. Moreover, it offers insights into Chinese traditions and culture, adding depth to the narrative. I also found this book educational, as it talks about different cultures and customs, broadening my knowledge and perspective. I appreciate the author's writing style and font. This kept me hooked and eager to continue reading. The inclusion of humorous elements, such as amusing descriptions and witty dialogues, adds to the enjoyment of the story and provides moments of levity amidst the suspense.

However, the book falls short of expectations in certain aspects. The initial half of the story feels disconnected from the main plot, focusing excessively on mundane conversations and trivial details. Additionally, the transition between topics in dialogues can be confusing, disrupting the flow of the narrative. Furthermore, while the plot promises intrigue, its resolution feels rushed and leaves loose ends unresolved. I found no errors in this book; it was well edited.

Despite these shortcomings, the underlying storyline shows promise and demonstrates the author's talent. With a thorough edit to streamline the narrative and eliminate extraneous elements, the book could captivate readers more effectively and deliver on its plot.

I rate "All Body Bags and No Knickers" 3 out of 5 stars. While it possesses engaging qualities and a compelling premise, it ultimately falls short in execution. Nevertheless, I recommend this book to mystery enthusiasts and travel aficionados, as they may find elements of interest in the book's narrative.

All Body Bags and No Knickers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

All Body Bags and No Knickers' by Shawe Ruckus offers a promising premise and insights into Chinese culture.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Fantastic review . You did a job in listing your likes and dislike in this book. I will give this book a try. Well done.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

All Body Bags and No Knickers" by Shawe Ruckus is an interesting book that focuses on Chinese culture using well developed characters.
Badger Martin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badger-martin.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Badger Martin »

I am really not sure what to say about this book. The title isn't very much like what I am used to but I liked that it captures the rich culture of the Chinese. Your review was well written.
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"All Body Bags and No Knickers" seems to promise an adventurous and perhaps suspenseful honeymoon tale set against the backdrop of China. The unexpected twists and turns in Catherine and Chance's journey sound intriguing. How do they navigate the challenges they encounter while trying to enjoy their honeymoon?
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: Sent to Watch by David J. Lebenstein

Post by Agbata Trust »

"All Body Bags and No Knickers" by Shawe Ruckus present mix of engaging elements, well developed characters. Nice review.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: Memoirs of a Suburban Troublemaker by Ellen R.B. Smith

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

All Body Bags and No Knickers" by Shawe Ruckus is a captivating blend of mystery, culture, and humor that keeps readers engaged from start to finish. As newlyweds Catherine and Chance embark on their honeymoon in China, they are thrust into a thrilling adventure filled with unexpected twists and turns.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I don't mind reading about Chinese tradition and culture. What could be the puzzle they found themselves entangled in? I also like characters that are witty and interesting.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

I enjoy learning about Chinese tradition and culture. I'm curious about the mystery that the characters have become caught up in. Additionally, I appreciate characters who are clever and engaging.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, "All Body Bags and No Knickers" by Shawe Ruckus sounds like an intriguing mix of mystery and cultural exploration set against the backdrop of a honeymoon in China. The reviewer's description of engaging characters and insights into Chinese traditions captures my interest, though the critique of disconnected plot elements and rushed resolution gives me pause. While the book's potential shines through, the suggestion of a thorough edit to enhance coherence is noted. Overall, I'm intrigued by the premise and cultural aspects but cautious about the execution.
Ivan Kovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-kovic.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking: A Bold Idea, a Business Adventure and 101 Lessons Learned Along the Way by Atul Vir

Post by Ivan Kovic »

Venturing into the rich traditions of Ghost Night gave cultural insight I rarely see in mysteries. This book seems to artfully blend Chinese heritage and thrills.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: 600 Devils by Marjan

Post by Esther Unurhie »

This captivating tale not only entertains but also educates, offering insights into Chinese traditions and culture as newlyweds Catherine and Chance navigate through a mysterious puzzle on their honeymoon journey, making it a delightful read for those craving both suspense and cultural immersion.
Latest Review: 600 Devils by Marjan
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Julius Peters »

Shawe Ruckus' 'All Body Bags and No Knickers' intriguingly combines mystery and cultural exploration, offering readers an immersive glimpse into Chinese traditions. Despite some narrative disjunctions and a rushed resolution, the witty dialogue and well-developed characters make it a worthwhile read for those intrigued by travel and suspense.
Onwuesi Promise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Onwuesi Promise »

Nice and honest review. This book combines mystery and exploration of the culture and traditions of the Chinese people.
The characters characters were well developed. It will be an engaging read for lovers of suspense.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”