Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
williams Emerald
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by williams Emerald »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

”Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War” by Dorathy May Mercer is an interesting tale of romance, crime, and mystery, showcasing the complex life of Cynthia, a woman at the forefront of combating cyber terrorism. Balancing her duties as Chief of Security, investigator, and bodyguard for Senator Mike McBride, as well as part-time receptionist, a job she kept as cover. Mercer skillfully combines Cynthia's professional and personal lives into an interesting narrative, creating a fascinating story that keeps readers enthralled.

As the plot unfolds, Cynthia, alongside the tech-savvy duo Tim and Garth, embarks on a risky mission in the uncharted world of cyberspace. From a secret cyberwar room located in her brother Glenn's Fairfax, Virginia, P.I. agency complex, the team utilizes cutting-edge technology to outmaneuver threats such as ISIS, Iran's nuclear project, and even the elusive North Korea. Glenn has established a digital stronghold by sourcing global technology, surpassing the capabilities of government agencies like the FBI and CIA. His servers, hidden under the sea, accessible only by private orbital systems, and powered by advanced batteries, represent a bold step into a new age where digital warfare is both a weapon and a defense.  Harnessing the power of their cyber war room, Tim and Garth, the two tech-savvy experts, intercept and disrupt communications from ISIS, Iran's nuclear project, North Korea's supreme leader, and beyond. With remarkable operations that are both suspenseful and fantastical, they thwart terrorist plots both domestically and internationally, achieving an unexpected and tremendous success. 

The novel's strength lies in its ability to seamlessly blend intricate digital warfare with personal relationships. Cynthia doesn't just navigate digital missions; she's also wrapped up in a romantic complexity involving the enigmatic Sky Eastman, whose sudden appearance challenges her steady relationship with Sgt. Dan McIntyre.  The ensuing love triangle adds depth to the narrative, exploring themes of loyalty, passion, and identity in an interesting way that keeps the suspense and emotional stakes as thrilling as the cyber battles. 

As the novel races towards its climax, readers are captivated by a web of intrigue, technological mastery, and emotional turmoil. The resolution of Cynthia’s romantic dilemma adds satisfying closure to the personal elements of the story as she makes the right choice, which is indeed surprising. while the thwarting of global threats delivers a triumphant blow against tyranny. 

”Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War” gets a rating of 5 out of 5 stars for its inventive plot, character depth, and seamless blend of different themes into an interesting and engaging story. What I like about the book is the author's narrative about the bold exploration of the dual lives led by its protagonist, making it a memorable addition to the genre. I didn't find any errors; the book was perfectly edited. There's absolutely nothing to dislike about the book. I highly recommend this book to readers who love romance and crave stories with a great tech twist.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" intricately blends romance, crime, and mystery, depicting Cynthia's dual roles in cyber security and personal life, captivating readers.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Williams Nnodim »

In "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War," Dorathy May Mercer crafts a compelling narrative, merging Cynthia's dual life in cyber security and personal endeavors with skill and intrigue.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

The book depicts ISIS, Iran's nuclear project, and North Korea as terrorist threats. I enjoy this book slot.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Where the Waves Come to Rest by Spyridoula Selma Contos

Post by Florence Daniel »

The mentioned organizations, ISIS and North Korea, are generally regarded as terrorist organizations by many governments and international bodies.
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: If I Know Better, Why Am I Not Doing Better? by Jimmy Perez

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

This book seems to offer a thrilling narrative with well-developed characters and a gripping plot. As a prospective reader, I'd say it sounds like an intriguing read, especially for those who enjoy a mix of suspense, romance, and technological intrigue.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

I love the plot is this book for it's not only fun content but also educational aspect. Nice review your have here. Dan was my favorite character in this book.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Deceit by Vernon Baumrind

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

Since this book explores the complexities of love, espionage, and the fight against terrorism, I'm interested to read it. The Cynthia character fascinates me too.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”