Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephen Christopher 1
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What would you do if you began to have dreams so vivid that you felt sure that they were real? That’s the mystery for art-historian Angela Renatus as she not only has these dreams but often wakes up in a different location to where she fell asleep with no idea how she got there.

Her dreams ultimately lead her to the charismatic former navy SEAL, Alex Caine, and together they search for a missing Da Vinci painting. Does it really exist? What ensues is an adventure of time and place that the rest of us only wish we could experience.

Book one of the Out Of Time thriller series, The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci, is a story within a story. Switching between Florence in the mid-1700s, then during World War II, and finally, the present day, we get three stories in one, even though they’re all connected.

Famous people and places, dream walking, paintings that come to life, past lives, reincarnation, and ghosts, the book has surprises at every turn. Keeping up with them all is part of the appeal. What I love about the character development is that the protagonists are multi-layered, while the lead villain, Alberto Scordato, is one-dimensional, making him even more sinister.

It’s virtually impossible not to get swept up in the emotions the author evokes in this book. I laughed when Angela laughed and wept when she did. You'll gasp in the places when things are finally revealed.

It’s courageous of any author to include famous historical figures in their work of fiction. But every scene with Leonardo Da Vinci made me grin from ear to ear, and I absolutely love how Belle brought him to life again. In fact, the whole novel is historically accurate regarding people and places, with a bit of artistic license thrown in.

Belle Ami’s descriptive work is excellent. Nothing is left to the imagination, from the characters to the locations — I could picture every gallery, the entire city of Florence, and part of the Tuscan countryside purely from her words. She even described every meal they ate in intricate detail.

The novel is very well edited; I spotted one very minor punctuation error partway through — excellent work by everyone involved.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci is one of the best books I’ve read in a while. I wish, in this case, there were more stars available as it’s absolutely worthy of the 5 out of 5 stars and may just be in my top 5 books ever read! The ending wonderfully sets the scene for the rest of the series, and I can’t wait to get stuck into the others.

For lovers of mystery, wrapped up in historical fiction, erotic romance, and a belief in past lives or reincarnation, this book is for you. However, multiple graphic sex scenes and some coarse language make it unsuitable for younger readers.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I've read a few reviews about this and have considered reading it for a while. It sounds great here. Nice review.
Stephen Christopher 1

Ben Madeley wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 00:08 I've read a few reviews about this and have considered reading it for a while. It sounds great here. Nice review.
Thanks so much, Ben, for reading my review, I hope you enjoy the book.
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

CHECK FACT BY JAMES HANNA IS A STORY BOOK THAT TELLS 22 DIFFERENT STORIES THROUGH HIS LIFE, COVID AND ESPECIALLY OF A DANGEROUS CRIMINAL A PEDOPHILE.VERY GOOD REVIEW
Stephen Christopher 1

Domeseo Camus Meda wrote: 13 Mar 2023, 08:30 CHECK FACT BY JAMES HANNA IS A STORY BOOK THAT TELLS 22 DIFFERENT STORIES THROUGH HIS LIFE, COVID AND ESPECIALLY OF A DANGEROUS CRIMINAL A PEDOPHILE.VERY GOOD REVIEW
Hi Domeseo, I think you may have posted this to the wrong forum, you might want to post it on the review for that book so you get the point for the BOTD.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Nisha DSouza »

It sure does sound like an extremely interesting book. I was thinking of taking it up for review but wasn't sure. Your review has gotten me excited. Thank you for your excellent review.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Stephen Christopher 1

Nisha DSouza wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 05:13 It sure does sound like an extremely interesting book. I was thinking of taking it up for review but wasn't sure. Your review has gotten me excited. Thank you for your excellent review.
As I said in my review, this is one of the best books I've ever read. I hope you do read and review it so I can get your opinion.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 65%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

This is one the finest book I have read in reincarnation column. Your review perfect summed up all the best thing you could possibly write. What a story as you mentioned, I'm glad that people loved it and experienced same thing as together as reader.
Stephen Christopher 1

Harshitha Nayak wrote: 05 May 2024, 22:50 This is one the finest book I have read in reincarnation column. Your review perfect summed up all the best thing you could possibly write. What a story as you mentioned, I'm glad that people loved it and experienced same thing as together as reader.
It's such a wonderful story, and yes the author did seamlessly weave them together so it wasn't confusing. I hope the second book is just as good.
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti
2024 Reading Goal: 75
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

@Stephen Christopher 1, I adored your review! Are you considering reading other books by Belle Ami? And is it possible that this book has awoken a love of romance novels in you? :)
Stephen Christopher 1

Dana Lawrence Lohn wrote: 06 May 2024, 20:27 @Stephen Christopher 1, I adored your review! Are you considering reading other books by Belle Ami? And is it possible that this book has awoken a love of romance novels in you? :)
Yes absolutely. I already bought number 2 and as soon as I finish that I'll get the third one. Yes I'm a historical romance fan after reading this book.
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti
2024 Reading Goal: 75
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

Stephen Christopher 1 wrote: 07 May 2024, 06:11
Dana Lawrence Lohn wrote: 06 May 2024, 20:27 @Stephen Christopher 1, I adored your review! Are you considering reading other books by Belle Ami? And is it possible that this book has awoken a love of romance novels in you? :)
Yes absolutely. I already bought number 2 and as soon as I finish that I'll get the third one. Yes I'm a historical romance fan after readin@Stephen Chri@Stephen Chr@Stephen Christopher 1
So great to hear! Send me a DM when you review the next one? I'll engage on it!
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 55%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

This review exemplifies quality writing by effectively dissecting the book's plot, characters, historical accuracy, descriptive elements, and overall enjoyment, while also conveying genuine enthusiasm for the author's storytelling prowess.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”