Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Goodness Kene
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-kene.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Goodness Kene »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is a captivating autobiography that chronicles the life of an extraordinary Algerian figure, portraying him not just as a revolutionary but also as a visionary for global harmony. From his humble beginnings as a determined youngster in Algeria to his pivotal role in shaping diplomatic solutions for political conflicts, Dr. Berrah's journey is one of resilience, intellect, and unwavering commitment to his ideals.

The peculiarity of this book is its multifaceted exploration of themes ranging from politics to science, religion, and personal relationships. Dr. Berrah's ability to seamlessly navigate between these spheres of life while maintaining a steadfast focus on his goals is truly commendable. His decision to temporarily shift focus from political activism to scientific pursuits in America showed his versatility and adaptability.

One of the highlights of the book is its insightful commentary on global conflicts and struggles for independence, which gives readers a broader perspective on historical events. The inclusion of diverse cultural elements adds depth to the story, enriching the reading experience. Also, Dr. Berrah's integrity and moral fortitude shine through in his actions, such as his refusal of a bribe and his genuine interest in understanding his wife's religion. His resilience in the face of adversity, including imprisonment and torture, serves as a testament to his unwavering determination.

The story is well-structured, with events unfolding in chronological order, making it easy for readers to follow Dr. Berrah's remarkable journey. The use of graphic presentations further enhances the book's appeal and authenticity. I enjoyed that his story has sprinkles of romance—his bond with Titi.

However, I will rate this book four out of five stars. The book’s length was daunting to me as a reader. Also, the number of errors I found is worthy of a star reduction. Besides those drawbacks, the book is a meticulously crafted memoir that offers valuable insights into the life of a remarkable individual and the broader historical context of Algeria's struggle for independence.

I highly recommend it to anyone interested in history, politics, and the pursuit of peace in our tumultuous world.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alissa Deann Devargas
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

A Dream for Peace sounds interesting enough for me to delve into. This memoir that chronicles the author's life sounds insightful. I'd like to know how he helped Algeria to gain independence.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

Peace is something everyone crave, but not everyone can seek peace. I like that Berrah had a love life, regardless. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”