Review of Timewise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Review of Timewise

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Awareness creates time." When Regina said this in Timewise by Robert Leet, I saw a sense in it. My simplest understanding of it was that if we didn't have a sense of the loss of time, then maybe we wouldn't care about its existence, leading to it being non-existent. Regina explains this thought better in the book.

Ron was an orphan who was moved from one foster home to another. With no interest in school, he spent most of his time playing chess until he met Regina. On that fateful day, Regina, a beautiful woman in her early thirties, walked up to him. She sat down to play chess with him and used that opportunity to get to know him better. Regina's influence made Ron pick up an interest in school and start doing well. However, he didn't reach his intelligence potential when he was done with high school. In college, Regina sponsored him, and that was where Ron's intelligence shined. It turned out that he was a whiz at math. Did Regina help Ron reach his full potential just because she was kind?

Regina explained something about Newton's law that got me thinking. It's general knowledge that the universe has laws that guide it, like the gravitational force, for example. However, Regina reasoned that what if those forces were commands that needed to be felt or recognized before being obeyed? This brought in the thought that the so-called dark matter that didn't obey these natural laws did so because they had no awareness of them. When I started reading Regina's explanations of the ideas that she proposed, I first thought that she took time with her explanations because she was knowledgeable and wanted to teach Ron and get him interested in physics. However, it turned out that it was more than that.

Regina took time to thoroughly explain her thoughts on physics; however, I still found it difficult to understand most of what she said. This might be because I have only basic knowledge of the subject. This made me find some of her explanations to be too wordy and boring. Aside from this, it was enlightening and insightful to read about Ron and how he grew to be who he became. His life affirmed my thoughts that being a genius does pay well.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. It was professionally edited. However, I removed a star because I think Regina's thorough explanations have a better place in a non-fiction physics textbook than in a fictional story. Her explanations would discourage many who would have otherwise enjoyed the story of her relationship with Ron and the things they accomplished together. I recommend this book to physics professors.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

Nice book. You backed all your dislikes with reasonable points. The plot of the book is great . This is a must read for everyone one. Kudos.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I had the exact same reaction when I read this book. Since the theories involved were not fiction, their explanations did not need to be so involved in here. I did like the rest of it, though. This is a good review of the book. Thanks!
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by williams Emerald »

This review captures the essence of the intricate blend of personal growth and complex scientific exploration in “Timewise.” Your insight into Regina’s dual role as a mentor and intellectual guide highlights the unique narrative technique used, weaving significant theoretical discussions into a personal journey. This sounds like a thought-provoking read for those intrigued by the intersections of physics and human development.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

Recommended for physis or science lovers. Ron and Regina relationship is a mutual one with benefits. Read this book to see a life changing relationship
Goodness Kene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-kene.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Goodness Kene »

Chess, maths, and physics. I think Ron would be a complicated character. Thanks for your honest review.
Nnodim Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnodim-collins.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Nnodim Collins »

You have a wonderful review ☺️
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

Just finished reading this book (I'm writing a review right now) and I absolutely loved it. You summed up the intricacies of the plot pretty well, and I had your same thoughts on Regina's motivations - we really don't find out the truth about that until the very end, huh? I also agree that her explanations could be confusing - though I liked having to think hard about stuff. Thanks for reviewing!
Christian Jordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

Regina's statement in "Timewise" by Robert Leet, "Awareness creates time," resonates deeply. It suggests that acknowledging the passage of time gives it meaning and significance, as elaborated by Regina in the book.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Julius Peters »

"Timewise" by Robert Leet offers a compelling blend of character development and philosophical musings. Regina's thought-provoking ideas on time and physics are both enlightening and challenging, pushing readers to ponder the nature of reality. While her detailed explanations may sometimes feel out of place in the narrative, they add depth to her character and to Ron's intellectual journey. This book is a rewarding read for those who appreciate a story that stimulates both the mind and the heart.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”