Review of Secrets of the Kashmir Valley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Re: Review of Secrets of the Kashmir Valley

Post by Jeff Kanda »

Wow! This seems to be an interesting read. Thanks for the engaging review!
Gayatri Tripathi
Favorite Book: E M P Honeymoon
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayatri-tripathi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Gayatri Tripathi »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review of "Secrets of the Kashmir Valley"! Your thorough analysis highlights the book's strengths, particularly its accessibility, meticulous research, and balanced presentation of complex issues. Farhana Qazi's ability to humanize the struggles faced by the people of Kashmir while maintaining impartiality is indeed commendable. It's refreshing to hear that the author's storytelling approach fosters a deeper understanding and connection with the region and its inhabitants. Your recommendation makes a compelling case for why this book is a valuable read for anyone interested in delving into the complexities of Kashmir.
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

This book introduces the reader to the wonders and beauty of Kashmir amid the conflict that continues to take place in the region. The author is passionate about Kashmir, starting from when she was little with her mother’s stories. One for those interested in learning about the conflict.
Shaheera Khan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaheera-khan.html
Latest Review: The Shanghai Circle by Tony Henderson

Post by Shaheera Khan »

"Kashmir" name that resonates with both nature's beauty and war. The people of Kashmir live their lives between fear and hope. The views are breathtaking and you can be counting on your breath in the event of war. But the real victory lies in the spirit of its people who lived their lives despite difficulties and will continue to live on. Congratulations on BOTD!
Ladi S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladi-s.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Ladi S »

I like the way the book helps you understand the Kashmir people in a simple language. Also I commend it for the adequate research put into publishing it.
Kshitija Sonawane
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: The Cannoli Caper by Jeff V Erickson
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

Kashmir is a very complex issue indeed. I have been to Kashmir, seen the poverty, seen the scams, seen the soldiers who are always around. I went there before Article 370 was abrogated. I believe the situation has become better. I hope Kashmir progresses. Congratulations on the BOTD, and best wishes for future projects.
Julius Adekunle 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-adekunle-1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT: Mastering AI Conversations for Beginners by Malcolm Oppenheimer

Post by Julius Adekunle 1 »

"Secrets of the Kashmir Valley" by Farhana Qazi is a captivating and well-researched book that provides a balanced and insightful view of the region. The author's meticulous research and inclusion of real-life stories make complex topics accessible and engaging. This impeccably edited book earns a perfect five-star rating for its ability to offer valuable insights into the lives and challenges of Kashmiri people, making it a must-read for anyone interested in understanding the region.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Priya Murugesan »

I would like to know more about kashmir and it's conflicts. Based on the review, I believe this is the right book. The author uses simple words which are easier to understand and empathize. A good review!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: The Will of the Many
Bookshelf Size: 2297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

A well researched book that talks through readable stories and not complex facts. Great review
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 223

Post by Deborah Belanger »

"Secrets of the Kashmir Valley" is a captivating book written by Farhana Qazi. It takes you on a journey to explore the lives of the people living in the troubled region of Kashmir. I appreciate how she presents a balanced view of Kashmir, shedding light on its complexities without bias. It's inspiring to hear how the book connects readers with the people and challenges of the region. I have put this book on my shelf to read. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Pain and Prejudice: How the Medical System Ignores Women—And What We Can Do About It
Bookshelf Size: 2410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: The Perfect Life by Anne Callahan
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

What makes this book truly outstanding is Farhana Qazi's impartiality. She doesn't take sides but presents a fair and balanced view of the situation in Kashmir. She illustrates that the issues in Kashmir are not simply about one thing; they are a complex mix of politics, history, and culture. This approach allows you to understand the bigger picture better.
Things aren't usually as straightforward as they seem, but I'm glad the author could capture both the magic and the struggles of Kashmir. Few things are more enriching than learning about different cultures. Thank you for your review.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1930
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Secrets of the Kashmir Valley' by Farhana Qazi presents a solid and informative account of the non-fiction book for readers. I like the presentation style in the review. Readers would gain knowledge firmly based on real, verified facts. The point that the book unravels the mysteries of this unique land and immerses us in the inspiring stories and experiences of the people who call Kashmir their home is worth mentioning in the review. Also, as mentioned in the review, the author weaves in real-life stories of individuals who have faced challenging times, making us feel that we are right there with them, experiencing their struggles. Learning that the author masterfully combines comprehensive research with heartfelt storytelling was great!
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging into today novel to be with the author the secrets or Kashmir unfold. Why is it troubled? What are the challenges its people face everyday? Very interesting book to read!
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Hy Be »

"Secrets of the Kashmir Valley" by Farhana Qazi revolves around harsh realities faced by people of kashmir. The author weaved themes of authenticity, strength and resilience in this book.
shiremaiden
Currently Reading: Remembering the Future
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiremaiden.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by shiremaiden »

it is a joy to find a gem of a book woven from meticulous research and heartfelt storytelling. Your take on this book makes it even more enticing to us who would like to know more and deeper about places in the world.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”