Review of Secrets of the Kashmir Valley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: The Book That Broke the World (The Library Trilogy #2)
Bookshelf Size: 2302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Re: Review of Secrets of the Kashmir Valley

Post by Marie Chalupová »

A well researched book that talks through readable stories and not complex facts. Great review
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 230

Post by Deborah Belanger »

"Secrets of the Kashmir Valley" is a captivating book written by Farhana Qazi. It takes you on a journey to explore the lives of the people living in the troubled region of Kashmir. I appreciate how she presents a balanced view of Kashmir, shedding light on its complexities without bias. It's inspiring to hear how the book connects readers with the people and challenges of the region. I have put this book on my shelf to read. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Juego de niños
Bookshelf Size: 2416
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: The Perfect Life by Anne Callahan
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

What makes this book truly outstanding is Farhana Qazi's impartiality. She doesn't take sides but presents a fair and balanced view of the situation in Kashmir. She illustrates that the issues in Kashmir are not simply about one thing; they are a complex mix of politics, history, and culture. This approach allows you to understand the bigger picture better.
Things aren't usually as straightforward as they seem, but I'm glad the author could capture both the magic and the struggles of Kashmir. Few things are more enriching than learning about different cultures. Thank you for your review.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1940
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Secrets of the Kashmir Valley' by Farhana Qazi presents a solid and informative account of the non-fiction book for readers. I like the presentation style in the review. Readers would gain knowledge firmly based on real, verified facts. The point that the book unravels the mysteries of this unique land and immerses us in the inspiring stories and experiences of the people who call Kashmir their home is worth mentioning in the review. Also, as mentioned in the review, the author weaves in real-life stories of individuals who have faced challenging times, making us feel that we are right there with them, experiencing their struggles. Learning that the author masterfully combines comprehensive research with heartfelt storytelling was great!
Misael Carlos
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging into today novel to be with the author the secrets or Kashmir unfold. Why is it troubled? What are the challenges its people face everyday? Very interesting book to read!
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Impact Zone by B.D. Roy

Post by Hy Be »

"Secrets of the Kashmir Valley" by Farhana Qazi revolves around harsh realities faced by people of kashmir. The author weaved themes of authenticity, strength and resilience in this book.
shiremaiden
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiremaiden.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by shiremaiden »

it is a joy to find a gem of a book woven from meticulous research and heartfelt storytelling. Your take on this book makes it even more enticing to us who would like to know more and deeper about places in the world.
Stephen Christopher 1
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

I don't know a lot about Kashmir except what I see on the news so this book will be an educational one for me. I like how you said the author remains impartial and doesn't take sides. That way the reader can come to their own conclusions.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting and well-researched book on the people and culture of the Kashmir region. It might be worth a second look. Well done.
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by azza lia »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I don't know much about the Kashmir region. the book seems simple and easy to read. Giving detail insights into the valley and its people. It is a compelling read because its thorough research and well balanced storytelling. Nice review.
DEBORAH BURDITT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by DEBORAH BURDITT »

‪I love the job the author did on this book by providing historical background and present political situations without boring the reader with too much detail, so that the heart of the book could be felt. This was well written and illuminating. ‬

Mercy Bolo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-bolo.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mercy Bolo »

The author pens a detailed account of life in Kashmir, a region at the center of a decades-long conflict between India and Pakistan. The author points out that the situation in the region is due to an unfortunate mix of politics, history, and culture. It's commendable that she presents an unbiased account of the real people of Kashmir.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 495
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your informative review. I usually don't care for war stories because they are so sad. I did like that you mentioned her impartiality which is wonderful. I have known people from both of these countries. I think often their feelings run deep, even if they no longer live there. After reading your review, I think I will add it to my list of books to read.
KiranJain30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiranjain30.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by KiranJain30 »

"Secrets of the Kashmir Valley" by Farhana Qazi offers a captivating exploration of Kashmir's complexities, blending meticulous research with heartfelt storytelling. Impartial and informative, it's a must-read for those seeking understanding of the region's history, culture, and people. A perfect five-star rating is well-deserved.
So, this is a good review and thanks for reviewing this book.
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1463
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Today's BOTD is a highly-rated, well-researched nonfiction read that introduces readers to the complex history, conflict, and people of Kashmir. This collection of stories is not only emotional and informative, but also thought-provoking and eye-opening. These stories are sure to stay with you long after the last page. Thank you so much for your awesome review! I've added this to my WTR list. :-)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”