Review of Phobia Relief

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melanie Ortega
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melanie-ortega.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Review of Phobia Relief

Post by Melanie Ortega »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Phobia Relief" by Kalliope Barlis.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

It is a well-written book. I give this book 3 out of 5 because it can be extremely useful for people who can't afford going to psychology therapy, but also it was a little boring at the beginning for all the explaining about what a phobia is. I know that it is important to know what it is, for the people to confront it, but maybe it was too much. In my opinion, I would’ve liked a longer book with more tools to confront theses phobias and also to go straight to the point.

During the beginning of the book, they explained what a phobia is and starts to give examples of how to change how we think about our phobias and other thoughts. I really appreciate how the book was written in so easy terms for everyone to understand it and with examples for us, the readers, to connect a little bit more with the content of the book.

It is a good book to know more about yourself. For me some things were a little redundant, but maybe this is because I’m a future psychologist, so I don’t blame the author, cause the book is made for general public. I would’ve love to know more details about how to approach these problems in a therapy session, maybe with some of her expertise in the field and adding more tools that weren’t so focus on meditation and similar exercises.

The grammar during the book was impeccable. Sometimes I searched for some words where I was doubtful of the grammar and I was mistaken, the author uses a good vocabulary for the readers to understand, but also to learn more about vocabulary.

If you have a phobia you want to eliminate, I recommend you this book and likewise going to therapy, if you don’t want to do that, avoid reading this book.

Phobia Relief
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

As a fellow reader, I can resonate with your experience while reading this book. I agree with most of your perspectives here, that this book is well-written. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Glad we can resonate in the book reading experience here.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”