Review of The Legacy of Job's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melanie Ortega
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melanie-ortega.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Review of The Legacy of Job's Wife

Post by Melanie Ortega »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Legacy of Job's Wife" by Cynthia Koelker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I give the book a 4 out of 5, because the book is great for teens, but maybe the reading is to soft. I mean it’s easy to read, and also there are some words for the people to learn more vocabulary, but I would’ve like to read some plots or something that can make the readers addicted to the reading.

This book is about Ix’ises, the wife of Job and how her childhood was. At the beginning this girl shows how was her childhood around her family and Job’s family and how JOB make her question and increase her curiosity for God. For example, she once tried to understood why sacrifices were supposed to happened, but she didn’t get it too well, due to the lack of understanding of Job. Also, she experimented grieving due to the death of a loved one. Through the book we can see how she is managing all of her feelings and thoughts, and how that made her the women that said “Do you still persist in your integrity? Curse god and die”. So, that’s why is intriguing how this character develops through time.

To end my review, I really think this is a great book to learn and reflect more about the bible and God itself. Also, I think it is a good first book for teens that want to approach the bible and that also helps to expand their vocabulary. To everyone who wants to read this book, I would totally recommend it if you’re having a bad time and you want to understand the grieving from this perspective. Also, as a recent believer, it’s nice to have narrative books who can improve your understanding from the bible from certain verses. I totally loved the part when Job explain Ix’ises how sacrifices and prayers work.

The Legacy of Job's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Another book about Christianity. From the premises, I think this will be an interesting book. Reading this review make me eager to read the book. Thanks for the writing.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”