Review of Secrets of the Kashmir Valley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Re: Review of Secrets of the Kashmir Valley

Post by Dalia Chf »

A true story based on the horrible war between India and Pakistan that focuses on the land of Kashmir and how its people were affected by the war. A very deep read, and it’s really good to know that the author made some meticulous research to write this book, thanks for sharing that in your review!!
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 354

Post by Tars »

I don't really like to read non-fiction and am not overly fond of Asia, since every time I traveled there, I got a fever and now am medically restricted from the region)) But seriously, life is hard everywhere, therefore I don't think that Kashmir and people there are any less sufferings than many others all over the world. Still congrats on BOTD!
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

I would have to read this book to know about the challenges the people living in the region of Kashmir face. Thanks for an interesting review.
Krebs Karen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Fish House
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krebs-karen.html
Latest Review: Speedy Hurled Through Havoc by Dave Letterfly Knoderer

Post by Krebs Karen »

This is a book about Kashmir. As long as no damage is caused from knowing history and getting more knowledge about a place, then I'm very open to reading this book. Congrats on being book of the day!
Sky Revews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sky-revews.html
Latest Review: Heat in the Vegas Night by Jerry Reedy

Post by Sky Revews »

Despite the hardship, Secrets of the Kashmir Valley also highlights the incredible strength and resilience of Kashmiri women. Their determination to rebuild their lives and advocate for a better future is an inspiring message.
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: The Great Migration
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 140%

Post by Tejas Koli »

"Secrets of the Kashmir Valley" by Farhana Qazi sounds like a captivating read that offers valuable insights into the lives of Kashmiri people. With meticulous research and heartfelt storytelling, the author presents a fair and balanced view of the region's complexities. This book is a must-read for anyone seeking to understand Kashmir's history, culture, and challenges. I'm adding it to my reading list! 📖🏔️
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 645
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

A well-researched book with heartfelt storytelling makes for an exciting read. Thank you for the review.
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by grace ruhara »

Secrets of the Kashmir Valley is a thrilling book that discusses the struggles of the Kashmir people.
Himanshu K Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

The book shines a light on the experiences of Kashmiri women, a perspective often neglected in discussions of the conflict. By interviewing a diverse range of women – activists, prisoners, peacemakers, and ordinary citizens – Qazi offers a nuanced understanding of their struggles, resilience, and aspirations.
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

I have heard a lot about the contentious Kashmir region in the news. At times I wonder why two countries fight over the region. I am intrigued to learn more from this book. Thanks for the review.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Olga Markova »

Your review is very informative, Wajida! Sampling the Foreword and the Author's Note, I gleaned that Farhana Qazi centers her book on the beauty of Kashmir offset by the six decades of conflict between its people and the Hindu state. Your review fully agrees with my initial impression. I was also intrigued by your mention that while well-researched, this book does not overwhelm with dry statistical facts but tells real-life stories and connects the reader with the people of Kashmir.
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

"Secrets of the Kashmir Valley" by Farhana Qazi is a captivating exploration of the lives of Kashmiri people, offering a glimpse into the beauty and complexities of the region. Through meticulous research and storytelling, the author brings to life the experiences of individuals in Kashmir, making the book both informative and emotionally engaging.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

I like that the author is impartial in her writing, presenting a well-rounded book, without sugarcoating the facts, giving the reader the truth as it is. This sounds like a very special book. I am not sure where Kashmir is but I am sure I will enjoy this book. Well done on the review.
"All I can do is fight, and I intend to. After all, giving up on the process is giving up on the result."
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 150%

Post by Martina Sette »

"Secrets of the Kashmir Valley" sounds like a captivating and well-researched journey into the complexities of Kashmir. Farhana Qazi's impartiality and storytelling prowess make it a must-read. I've read it and found it outstanding!
Leona Rodrigues
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leona-rodrigues.html
Latest Review: Mishaps of Marvelouz Witch by Karen Fronterhouse
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Leona Rodrigues »

It's indeed true that, due to the India-Pakistan war, the residents of Kashmir face a lot of problems. Having read the review, it seems that this book takes us on a tour, highlighting the lives of the people living there. 
You may not be the center of the entire world, but you are the center of your own world.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”