Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: Madame Ph.D.: Growing Up Black in DC and Beating the Odds by Gwynette Ford Lacy, Ph.D., MBA
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 46%

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

E.M.P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

The author shares the story of a couple who has just tied the knot. As expected of newlyweds in the modern world, a honeymoon has been arranged. They are about to be locked away in their fantasy world while they enjoy exclusive luxury and build memories. Kelly and Tom have booked the Barefoot Resort for their honeymoon.

However, we are soon snapped into reality in a turn of events, from fantasy to mystery. Kelly stumbles upon a place that looks like a plotting ground for a scheme. It all starts when her tour bus stops for a while. She notices a gift shop nearby and decides to get some gifts for her nephew. Little did she know that this little journey would change her world.
What does she uncover in her detour? Why is she alone, and where is her husband in all this? Isn't this their honeymoon? Well, read the book to find out all the juicy details.

I have a few favorite characters in the book, one of whom is Kelly, who keeps discovering things, and Dr. Peter Kinny, who specializes in Nuclear Physics energy. The chapter begins with him delivering a lecture, and one could deduce his sense of humor as he teaches hard subjects with the most basic illustrations. His students like him, and he is well-known within his sphere of influence. I particularly like his interview with Henry Haven-Harbinger, where he shares his views about Nuclear energy and the danger it poses to America and other countries if it falls into the wrong hands. I learned about energy, the effect of solar flares, and the dangers they pose to the ozone layer. He shared his concern about the vulnerability of space and how the state has no defense against a man-made E.M.P., which stands for Electro Magnetic Pulse. His opinion is presented in a compelling narrative, and I find it intellectually stimulating.
There are different characters in the book, all serving varying purposes at each point they were introduced. I like that the author uses unique scenarios that help readers understand each of them and their roles. The characters gradually develop as the story progresses, and they all meaningfully contribute to the greater picture as the story unfolds.
A typical example of an action in this book is the scene where Colonel Rhee Su-jin is driving to meet General Lee on a bad road. As they make their way up an abandoned mountain road, five passengers hang tightly in the car and call out for her to slow down. In response to their request, she presses harder on the gas pedal and yells, "Silence." It feels like a scene out of Fast and Furious. I could only imagine the expression on their faces.
I appreciate the well-incorporated action, and readers can feel the suspense. The author's writing skill is commendable. The book is professionally edited, and I enjoyed every bit of the story. I did not notice any errors in this book, and for this reason, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I did not find anything to dislike about the book. This is not your regular honeymoon love and romance book. It is filled with action, thrills, suspense, and mystery. I recommend the book to both youth and adults who like action-filled books.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
That I may know Him :arrow: Philippians 3:10
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Priya Murugesan »

I believe I would love this book! Your review is good. The way you have pointed out an action scene in your review shows how much you enjoyed this book!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: The Curious Cousins and the African Elephant Expedition by Dr. Debra Ford Msc.D

Post by Gerry Steen »

Your review confirms for me that Dorothy Ray Mercer puts much more into her books than just romance. I read another of her books, "Cynthia and Dan" and was as pleased with it as you were with "E M P Honeymoon." I am interested in learning about nuclear energy, solar flares, and electro magnetic pulses. Thank you for letting me know how the characters develop as the plot progresses. I like reading novels that are well paced. Thank you for turning me on to another book by this quality author. I will add it to my bookshelves. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

I completely agree with your assessment of "E.M.P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer. The book is a thrilling ride that combines elements of romance, mystery, and action in a unique and captivating way.
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 165%

Post by Runan »

A fun honeymoon turns into horror for the couple. I have read other reviews on this story, but I have to admit that you provided a fresh perspective on it. Your description of the action sequence and characters reflects your in-depth analysis of the story.
Runan
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

Every time I looked at the book cover, I thought it was something about going to space, but after reading your review am eager to read it. Where is her new husband, indeed? I am soon going to select to read this book because now I have a clue of what to expect.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Latest Review: Madame Ph.D.: Growing Up Black in DC and Beating the Odds by Gwynette Ford Lacy, Ph.D., MBA

Priya Murugesan wrote: 07 May 2024, 04:13 I believe I would love this book! Your review is good. The way you have pointed out an action scene in your review shows how much you enjoyed this book!
I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I did, thanks for your kind words
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ

Risper Ouma Anyango wrote: 09 May 2024, 22:40 Every time I looked at the book cover, I thought it was something about going to space, but after reading your review am eager to read it. Where is her new husband, indeed? I am soon going to select to read this book because now I have a clue of what to expect.
Yeah, the book cover got me thinking about space Lol, I am sure you will love it.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ

Muhammad Haikal Birton wrote: 08 May 2024, 03:59 I completely agree with your assessment of "E.M.P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer. The book is a thrilling ride that combines elements of romance, mystery, and action in a unique and captivating way.
It sure is, happy reading :tiphat:
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ

Runan wrote: 09 May 2024, 16:06 A fun honeymoon turns into horror for the couple. I have read other reviews on this story, but I have to admit that you provided a fresh perspective on it. Your description of the action sequence and characters reflects your in-depth analysis of the story.
I'm pleased that you find the review rejuvenating.. :tiphat:
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ

Gerry Steen wrote: 07 May 2024, 07:56 Your review confirms for me that Dorothy Ray Mercer puts much more into her books than just romance. I read another of her books, "Cynthia and Dan" and was as pleased with it as you were with "E M P Honeymoon." I am interested in learning about nuclear energy, solar flares, and electro magnetic pulses. Thank you for letting me know how the characters develop as the plot progresses. I like reading novels that are well paced. Thank you for turning me on to another book by this quality author. I will add it to my bookshelves. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
I'm glad you find the review invigorating and suiting. :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”