Review of EMA

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Review of EMA

Post by Tobi Adefila »

[Following is a volunteer review of "EMA" by Aian D. Grey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

EMA by Aian D. Grey is a story that revolves around EMA, the world's most sophisticated artificial intelligence with the ability to solve economic crises. Damien Minsky, EMA's creator, is a highly respected figure whom many admire. Unlike his peers who admire athletes, Jason looks up to investors and scientists like Minsky, his role model. One fateful day, Jason attends one of Minsky's conferences with his personal virtual assistant, Sherlock, where he meets Lidia, an agent of Möbius, an association that protects the universe from criminals. However, an unforeseen incident at the conference leads to numerous casualties. Meanwhile, Laurent, the head of Möbius for the Paris division, tricks Jason into coming to Paris. Disappointed by the revelation of the setup, Jason finds himself recruited to work for Möbius. Through metahub, an interface between the mind and the metaverse, Jason embarks on various missions, eventually meeting his role model and explaining the situation. During his time in Paris, Jason reunites with his long-time friend Etienne, and they share pleasant exchanges. However, the story takes a dark turn when EMA turns against humans.

The book is captivating and intriguing, immersing readers in a world brimming with innovative concepts and rich vocabulary. Each page unveils new layers of complexity and wonder, leaving an indelible impression that lingers long after the final chapter has been turned. The character names are well chosen, and Jason stands out as a favorite due to his resilience and adaptability. I appreciate the author's references to influential figures like Elon Musk and Bill and Melinda Gates, as well as their adeptness with language and editing. These subtle nods not only enrich the narrative tapestry but also serve to underscore the profound impact of technology and innovation on our contemporary society. Moreover, the author's mastery of language and editing shines through, elevating the reading experience to new heights of sophistication and enjoyment.

However, amidst the brilliance and ingenuity, the book occasionally veers into murky waters, presenting readers with moments of confusion and uncertainty. Navigating through these intricacies demands patience and a willingness to revisit previous chapters in search of clarity. While these challenges may test the resolve of some readers, they ultimately serve to deepen the appreciation for the complexity and depth of the narrative.

Nevertheless, despite these occasional hurdles, the book stands as a commendable achievement, deserving of its solid 4 out of 5 stars rating. Each chapter unfolds with a sense of purpose and intrigue, guiding readers on an enlightening odyssey filled with twists and turns. As the final page is turned, a profound sense of satisfaction washes over, leaving no room for regrets or hesitation.

In conclusion, I wholeheartedly recommend EMA to AI enthusiasts and anyone with an interest in exploring the vast frontier of artificial intelligence. This captivating tale offers invaluable insights and lessons, serving as a beacon of enlightenment for those eager to delve deeper into the intricacies of the artificial world. From its compelling characters to its thought-provoking themes, EMA is a literary masterpiece that promises to captivate and inspire readers for generations to come.

EMA
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

I am interested in reading how EMA works. I am fascinated by its ability to solve economic crises. It is scary that this AI technology can turn against humanity. How will Jason and Mr.Minsky solve this problem? I am willing to be immersed in the, as you describe it, "enlightening odyssey filled with twists and turns." Great review! :tiphat:
David Awunor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-awunor.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door by Ali Master

Post by David Awunor »

Great review! While I'm not typically a fan of AI related books, I do hope they manage to resolve their issues later on.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Quest: Finding Freddie
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Great review! The way you've highlighted the complex narrative and innovative concepts really brings the book to life. Jason's resilience and the clever references to influential figures like Elon Musk and Bill and Melinda Gates are particularly intriguing. Your review has definitely piqued my interest in this book—thanks for sharing!
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”