Review of Why God Allows Evil and Suffering

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
_Rhea Jacob
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Review of Why God Allows Evil and Suffering

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Why God Allows Evil and Suffering" by Sine Nomine.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book Why God Allows Evil and Suffering is an interesting Christian book about why pain, cruelty, and injustice still exist in this world when God is an all-loving, all-powerful, all-knowing, and omnipotent God. The book talks about how God is a God of justice, the love he has for us, and how faith in him is the key to our redemption from sin. It tackles some important life questions, like if people were going to suffer, why they were created in the first place, why bad things happen to everyone—even good people and creatures—why sinless babies have to suffer from some horrible disease, and how sin and suffering started in the first place.

While it does have several good points, I felt like some paragraphs were repeated several times. An example of this case from the book would be “man has become self-centered throughout the entire temporal domain since linear time”. Some paragraphs were a bit complicated to understand, but that could be because of my simple mind.

However, I liked the summaries that were given after every main point and/or chapter. They were beneficial for me because they summed up all the important points and formed clear connections between the topics, which helped me understand what was going on and keep track of previous information. And while I don’t agree with some of the views in the book, it was interesting to read. The book was well-written and very well edited.

Overall, it was a bit complicated, but nonetheless, it was an enjoyable read. I would rate it 4 out of 5 stars for the reasons mentioned above. I would recommend the book to Christians and those who want answers to their questions about why there is cruelty and suffering in the world and to help them understand.

Why God Allows Evil and Suffering
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The premise of this book looks interesting, considering the themes it addresses are relevant to the current human issue. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
_Rhea Jacob
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 12 May 2024, 07:39 The premise of this book looks interesting, considering the themes it addresses are relevant to the current human issue. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
I am glad that the book interests you and I hope you like the book. Thank you for reading my review and providing feedback!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”