Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
_Rhea Jacob
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: Shades of My Mother by Nancy Descoteaux Culos

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book EMP Honeymoon is a fast-paced thriller with cyber technology, politics, satellites, nuclear bombs, and a splash of romance. It’s part of the McBride series but can be read as a stand-alone. EMP Honeymoon revolves around Kelly McBride, sister of the senator, and her husband, Sergeant Tom Turbulo of the Carson City PD. During their honeymoon, Kelly discovers a dangerous threat in a gift shop large enough to take down the USA and Canada. She quickly calls her brother, the senator, for backup. Will they be able to save their nation and all the people they care about with the help of reinforcements?

The book is very fast-paced and action-packed. It never has a boring moment and keeps the reader engaged with the story. It has a range of interesting characters and storylines. I also liked the fact that the book included the viewpoints of multiple side characters, even some of the villains. It gives the characters more depth, and the readers can understand and empathize with them more.

However, I felt the villains in the book were anticlimactic. They were said to be ruthless and have scary reputations, but they just ended up being cowardly, inefficient, and quite stupid at times. Their behavior is not what I would expect from villains in a high-ranking position. There were times when characters’ viewpoints were introduced for a bit and then never talked about again, like for Su Jin and Peter Kinney.

I would rate the book 5 out of 5 stars because it was well-written, easy to understand, and professionally edited. I would recommend it to anyone who likes thrillers and detective work. There is mention of mild sexual content and a bit of profanity, but the book should be suitable for the general population to read. The book should be safe for readers over middle school age.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The premise of this book looks interesting, considering the themes it addresses are relevant to the current human issue. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”