Review of Reconfigurement

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kabeer Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kabeer-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Review of Reconfigurement

Post by Kabeer Ahmed »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead is a non-fiction book by E. Alan Fleischauer. He has been a financial advisor for more than twenty years. In this book, he primarily targets people who are planning to retire. He explains many things, such as income protection, disability insurance policies, career assessments, retirement planning, life insurance, Social Security programs, investments, etc.

This book is full of helpful information. The words used in this book are pretty easy to understand and comprehensible. Any reader with school knowledge can comprehend what Emil Alan is trying to say. By the way, Emil is the author's first name.

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead is full of jokes. The first one comes at the very start of Chapter One: "We are told that 50 is the new 30 and 60 is the new 40. Really? When did that happen? And how come my 64-year-old body reminds me daily that 64 feels like 65?" Since I am a teenager, I do find these jokes funny. But I don't think a 40-to-50-aged person, an ideal reader of this book, would die with laughter. However, I loved this joke the most: "FYI, the Social Security Administration is ASS backward." It seems funny, right?

Usually, history is not my favorite topic when it does not help in the present. This book researches many terms into their origin. While you, the reader of this review, may like this aspect, I, the reader of this book, may not like this aspect. I mean that the author talks about some old policies' time of invention. Does someone need that?

The chapters in this book do not have titles! This issue wouldn't seem a problem for anyone other than me. But for me, who makes dozens of important points while reading books, I find it hard to recognize the purpose of an upcoming chapter. Therefore, I had to read each chapter twice. I know it's good for me, but why me? I am ages away from retirement and do not live in America. I am just kidding! I love this book. I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars for the humor, information, and effort used in this book. I'll examine this book sometime in the future again.

I recommend this book to people who seek planning for retirement. Of course, who else would read this? I did not find a single error in this book. Therefore, it is safe to say that this book is exceptionally well-edited.

Reconfigurement
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mimi JJ1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi-jj1.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Mimi JJ1 »

Great review
I love it
Alan A 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alan-a-1.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Alan A 1 »

Nice Review
Digital store
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-digital-store.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Digital store »

I haven't read an economical standard book as good as Reconfigurement yet. The first book that thought me what is actual about the reality of retirement. Such a great book.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

I considered reading this book but didn't because I am 31 and not in America! I may give it another thought especially since there's humor in it. Thanks for a great (and funny!) review 😊
Noel Gebre
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Noel Gebre »

Not too shabby
Kyle Sutheran
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Elizabeth Moore Kraus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyle-sutheran.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell
fav_author_id: 258142
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 272%

Post by Kyle Sutheran »

Thank you for this review it was a delightful reading. I love everything about this review. The book is an great example of how to plan ahead of time for an more joyful retirement.
K. Sutheran :techie-studyingbrown:
Rannaan Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rannaan-rajaee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Rannaan Rajaee »

This is a must read book in my opinion, and it works best if you are in your 20s. I have not read such an insightful book that talks about retirement before. It caters to the whole world and not just Americans. A very informative and useful guide to retirement. Reviewer did not fail to mention the key points. Good review.
Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajaee.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Rajaee »

Never have I ever read a book this informative and helpful about planning towards retirement in my life before. Such books are once in a lifetime works, so do not miss it, especially youngsters. Planning ahead is something to take with appropriate seriousness.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Joy Wendy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-wendy.html
Latest Review: Heather by Steven A. Yagyagan

Post by Joy Wendy »

This book is a must-read for anyone at a career crossroads, offering clear guidance and actionable steps for reinvention.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”