Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Velocious Evolution by Ron Saetermoe

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Kelly and Tom had gone on their honeymoon to Barefoot Sand Resort and Spa in Honduras. Tom went on a dive boat, while Kelly opted to go on an excursion bus around the island. Stopping for twenty minutes, Kelly wandered off to the other side of the street and found an attractive shop called La Pocilga, meaning pigsty in Spanish. Realizing she was in danger, Kelly made a distress call to her brother, Mike Mcbride, a senator from the United States. Kelly, having explained that what she saw at La Pocilga could definitely be a terrorist operation. Her brother’s aides came together to protect Kelly on her honeymoon and stop a possible terrorist attack on the United States. What happens when a well-orchestrated ballistic attack is unraveled? What becomes of Kelly and Tom on their honeymoon? Read this fast-paced and suspense-filled book to find out how it all went down.

This suspense-filled book by Dorothy May Mercer realistically shows how teamwork goes a long way in making a task successful. The book also did an amazing job of showing how trust, conscience, and the will to survive and succeed keep humans going even in harsh circumstances.

E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is such a realistic and enjoyable book that keeps readers glued from beginning to end with its suspense and heart-gripping visualization of scenes, and it's an amazing reference to real-life scenarios. This makes the book so relatable and the reader fascinated. Dorothy did a fascinating and applaudable job of bringing a variety of emotions into this book. I also admire how the author subtly doses humor and romance to tone down the suspense and gripping moments of terror.

The book kept me enthralled from the prelude until the epilogue. The compelling way the author created well-visualized scenes, the development of mature characters, an intricate plot, fast-paced action, and realistic settings are well admired. The book is written from a third-person perspective and is well told.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. This fascinating, action-packed book has a very commendable end. As a reader, I have imagined various endings to the book, but the author did a satisfying job with how the book closes. The book's flawless editing, with no errors discovered, illustrates the author's fastidious attention to detail and commitment to providing readers with a polished reading experience.

Because it masterfully combines suspense, humor, and subtly romantic elements to provide an engrossing reading experience, I rate this book five out of five stars. I recommend this book to lovers of science fiction.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Emeka Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-anderson.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emeka Anderson »

I'm grateful to Dorothy May Mercer for creating Emp Honeymoon, a haven for couples to unwind and connect.
Bettny Andrade
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I find this book very interesting, I would like to read it soon, thanks for your review.
The Keeper Jr
Favorite Book: The Cruel Prince
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-keeper-jr.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by The Keeper Jr »

I've read many reviews of this book and I liked all the different thoughts about it. Your review is also amazing, and I enjoyed reading it. I am definitely open to reading different genres and I would like to try this one too. Thanks a lot for the beautiful review!
"Once I did bad and that I heard ever. Twice I did good, but that I heard never." - Dale Carnegie
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien
Susan John Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-john-peter.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Susan John Peter »

It's evident that the reviewer found the book realistic and engaging, especially in its portrayal of real-life scenarios. The mention of the author's skill in balancing suspense with humor and romance adds depth to the review and makes me eager to explore the book.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Robert Andrew »

I was hooked from the moment Kelly made that distress call. The author, Dorothy May Mercer, masterfully explores themes of trust, survival, and the power of teamwork. The suspense and intensity kept me on the edge of my seat throughout.
Boye Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boye-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Welcome to Dreamland by Rasa Ponce

Post by Boye Emmanuel »

It's not everyday one come across a couple who leaves there honeymoon to go for an assignment. The plot of the book is interesting. Congratulations on the BOTD.
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

Dorothy May Mercer's book 'E M P Honeymoon' is a gripping tale that masterfully weaves together elements of suspense, trust, and the human will to survive. I couldn't put it down as Kelly and Tom's honeymoon takes an unexpected turn. The author's portrayal of real-life scenarios adds a layer of authenticity that keeps readers engaged
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: Behind The Wheel Tips by Raoul Watson

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Judging from your review the book has an interesting plot with mind blogging characters. I look forward to reading the book and enjoying it just as you did. Welldone.
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Osakwe Favour »

This book kept me up all night. It's a thrilling and chilling exploration of what happens when our modern world is thrown into chaos. The authors' attention to detail in describing the EMP effects was impressive
Chioma Oz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chioma-oz.html
Latest Review: Flowers of Evil by N.L. Holmes

Post by Chioma Oz »

From start to finish, the book held me captivated. The author's vivid scenes, complex characters, and fast-paced, realistic plot impressed. Written in the third-person, it's a well-told tale.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Miracle Man by Dr. Dave Ferruolo

Post by Veronica Hunter »

The emphasis on teamwork and how trust, conscience, and the will to survive play crucial roles in challenging circumstances sounds like a realistic portrayal. The book's ability to capture the reader's attention from beginning to end with suspense and heart-gripping scenes is commendable.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The premise of this book looks interesting, considering the themes it addresses are relevant to the current hot issue about Mars expedition by Elon Musk. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer highlights its gripping suspense and realistic portrayal of teamwork and survival. The intricate plot involving a potential terrorist operation and the protagonist's quest for safety is engaging. The author’s ability to balance tension with humor and romance enhances the narrative, making it relatable and captivating. The well-developed characters, vivid scenes, and polished editing contribute to a seamless reading experience. Rated five out of five stars, this action-packed novel is highly recommended for fans of science fiction and thrillers.
Tomi Ahmed

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”