Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
_Rhea Jacob
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story)

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story)" by Steve William Laible.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) is a cute and goofy bedtime story written by Steve William Liable. While it is a part of the Stevie Tenderheart series, it can be read as a fun stand-alone. The book is about Stevie Tenderheart, who always has a hard time falling asleep, especially when the sun is still shining brightly outside. To fall asleep faster, he hatches a plan and places a note in a special tree asking all the animals and creatures in his neighborhood for help. His request? For every animal and creature to give Stevie two kisses goodnight!

I like how the author weaves in moral values like loving your parents, how kindness is important, and common house rules like being neat and tidy, brushing your teeth when you get up, and more into the story. By doing this, the author makes the house rules easier and more fun for children to follow. An example of this is when Stevie learned to brush his teeth before speaking to anyone because the pelican’s fishy breath made his breath fishy and potent too! The book also contains several goofy encounters with other animals like monkeys, alligators, and giraffes, and the book will be sure to make any child laugh!

There was nothing I disliked about the book. It was lovely and fun to read. I am sure kids would love to read it before they go to sleep and get a second goodnight kiss from their loved ones.

I barely found any errors, so I believe the book was professionally edited. I would rate the book 5 out of 5 stars for the reasons mentioned above. I would recommend this book to parents with young kids, as it can help their kid(s) fall asleep as well as teach them moral values and hygiene.

Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

For a children's book, I think the concept of fables teaching moral lessons sounds interesting. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review!
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Homecoming Heist by Tyson Collin

Post by Priya Murugesan »

A good review! I haven't read this book but have read other Stevie books. I loved all of them.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading:

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 03 May 2024, 21:53 For a children's book, I think the concept of fables teaching moral lessons sounds interesting. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review!
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you liked my review and I hope you enjoy reading the book!
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading:

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

Priya Murugesan wrote: 12 May 2024, 10:58 A good review! I haven't read this book but have read other Stevie books. I loved all of them.
Thank you for your comment! Stevie book are quite fun to read and I hope you enjoy this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”