Review of The Elephant(s) in the Room

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
_Rhea Jacob
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Review of The Elephant(s) in the Room

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Elephant(s) in the Room" by Denny Laake and Monica Laake Beavers.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Elephant(s) in the Room: Another Sammy the Weasel Story written by Denny Laake and Monica Laake Beavers, is a cute and funny story for kids. It is part of a series but can be read as a stand-alone. The stars of the book are a weasel named Sammy, who is joined by his friend Kramer, a dog. The book starts off with Kramer worried that there is an elephant in the house. Sammy doesn’t believe him, but because he prizes himself as a great detective, he proceeds to don his detective gear and search the house with Kramer. Will Sammy and Kramer find an elephant(s) in the house? Grab a copy of the book to find out more!

The illustrations in the book are quite adorable and fun, especially the elephants’ silly expressions and postures. I laughed when Kramer rolled his eyes at Sammy when they saw an elephant dressed in human clothes, and Sammy pointed out that other than the man with funny shorts, no one else was in the room, and it was elephant-free! I also liked the fact that on the title page, there is writing in red crayon over the text. It feels like something kids would like and Sammy would do! I know kids would also laugh a lot at Sammy’s silliness in investigating the rooms for elephants.

There was nothing I disliked about the book. I enjoyed reading the book, and I’m pretty sure kids will absolutely love this book.

I didn’t find any errors, and for this reason, I believe the book was professionally edited. For the reasons given above, I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. I think kids will definitely love this book and have fun trying to spot all the elephants in the house. The book could also be a nice bedtime story for children.

The Elephant(s) in the Room
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I enjoy children's books with intriguing themes like this. Teaching kids to spot the elephant in the room seems like it will make for an interesting book. Your review further fuels my interest in reading it. Thanks for writing this. What a fantastic review!
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Priya Murugesan »

I always love children's books and enjoy reading them. Waiting eagerly to read this. Would love to see Sammy and Kramer!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
_Rhea Jacob

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 03 May 2024, 21:56 I enjoy children's books with intriguing themes like this. Teaching kids to spot the elephant in the room seems like it will make for an interesting book. Your review further fuels my interest in reading it. Thanks for writing this. What a fantastic review!
Thanks for your insight! I also enjoy reading children's books with interesting themes.
_Rhea Jacob

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

Priya Murugesan wrote: 12 May 2024, 11:02 I always love children's books and enjoy reading them. Waiting eagerly to read this. Would love to see Sammy and Kramer!
Children's book are quite fun to read, especially humorous ones like this book. Thank you for your feedback!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”