Review of Snatched Up to Heaven!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 55%

Review of Snatched Up to Heaven!

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Snatched Up to Heaven!" by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

It was a perfect stroke of serendipity when I came across the book titled,” Snatched to Heaven”, as I was trying to find different perspectives on the connection between dreams and divine revelations. From psychological studies which consider dreams mere a waste product of our working mind while asleep, I was not greatly intrigued by this rationale. But when I come across this book,” Snatched up to Heaven” , I started to feel great connection between my vision and the theme of this book. The most interesting and engaging thing about this book,” Snatched up to Heaven” was the beautiful connection found by the author Jemima Paul between visions of kids and that found in holy scriptures of Bible. Thus dreams being solely dealt as a mere psychological phenomena is being taken by the intelligent author to a spiritual dimension making it a divine revelation from the Lord.

Another positive theme of this book is giving importance to the children. Many parents would have considered dreams and visions of children as mere mundance,however , the writer convincingly proved how even at small age children can have access to divine portal where God might speak through them. It is only through giving this much attention and value to children’s dreams that the writer was able to develop a resonance between divine messages through dreams and the holy bible scriptures.

In terms of the language being used in this book, I rate it very high because it is simple and understandable and even includes some very good vocabulary . Therefore, this is a book for all level of readers. I have no hesitation in calling it a reader friendly book. I myself had a precious time perusing through this book. Although am neither religious nor a Christian , yet I remained deeply engrossed till the last page of this book and got myself ultimately interested into probing more about Bible and Christian ideology.

You might call it fantasy or imagination but the coherence and cohesion achieved by the author between dreams of kids and Holy Bible scriptures is very impressively striking and perfect.Furthermore, anyone who either wants to know more about dreams or those who consider dreams as spiritual message from the divine must give it a read . It holds both enjoyable and enlightening experience for the readers.

I would give it a 3 star rating out of 4 stars because I believe that had the author gone one step further in creating some link to certain scientific facts supporting the visions and dreams as a potential portal to reality it would have attracted many atheists and secular community. All realm of science has imagination as its starting point where scientists had visions and when they kept following their vision ultimately they brought a new invention and transformed the world. So, just being constrained in religious doctrine make me feel that the scope of this book could have been broadened further.

In addition to just citing Bible scriptures, a more global appeal could have been created by including other religious perspectives about dreams and visions. In this way harmony amongst different religious could have been developed, thus attracting more number of readers from varied religious backgrounds.

All in all, it is a wonderful book to read through in understanding the potential reality behind dreams and visions through divine ideology of Holy Bible.

Snatched Up to Heaven!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I once studied Christianity in school for 3 years. However, the teaching method wasn't very enjoyable. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. It seems like the teaching style about religion in the book will suit me. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomi Ahmed
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review of *Snatched to Heaven* offers an intriguing perspective on the connection between dreams and divine revelations. The reviewer appreciates the author's ability to bridge psychological studies with spiritual dimensions, finding resonance between children's dreams and biblical scriptures. The emphasis on valuing children's visions and the simplicity of language make it accessible to readers of all levels.

While the reviewer acknowledges the book's engrossing narrative and impressive coherence between dreams and Bible scriptures, they suggest that incorporating scientific perspectives and a more global approach to religious beliefs could broaden its appeal. Despite this, they still rate it 3 out of 4 stars, recognizing its value in exploring the potential reality behind dreams and visions through the lens of the Holy Bible.
Tomi Ahmed
Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajaee.html

Post by Rajaee »

I have read this book before. I like that the author provided biblical quotes and scriptures connecting to the kids' visions. But sometimes I felt that the author was exaggerating about the dreams. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the book.
Your review was very detailed and insightful. 
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Homecoming Heist by Tyson Collin

Post by Priya Murugesan »

I thought of picking this book but I am not much into religious books. But your review changed my mind and I would like to give it a try.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 65%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

I haven't come across this book, it seems religious book where kids are connected to God power kind. You explained so well, especially with kids psychology but again religious part is kind of tricky to tackle when we are from different side.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids is one of my favorite children's books, and I enjoyed reading it. Emily dreams of visiting Heaven with her sister and really loves it. This book offers a simple way of explaining the concept of Heaven to children
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

Every review of this book I've read agrees with you that it's more directed to non-secular readers. It's great that it's encouraged you to want to learn more about the bible.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

I like your perspective regarding dreams and their significance. I appreciate that you told the author they should give some emphasis to the science of dreams in order to appeal to a wider audience. This could add credibility to the little girls' dreams. Quantum entanglement could be viewed as one of God's miraculous ways of communicating with the messengers He chooses. Your review was interesting and informative. :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

I like your perspective regarding dreams and their significance. I appreciate that you told the author they should give some emphasis to the science of dreams in order to appeal to a wider audience. This could add credibility to the little girls' dreams. Quantum entanglement could be viewed as one of God's miraculous ways of communicating with the messengers He chooses. Your review was interesting and informative. :techie-studyinggray:
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Marina Flisvou »

Your comments on the language used in the book are spot on. The simplicity and clarity of the writing make it accessible to a wide audience, which is crucial for a book that delves into both spiritual and psychological topics. It's great to hear that you found the book engaging and that it sparked your interest in exploring more about the Bible and Christian ideology, even though you do not identify as religious or Christian.
Marina
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

An interesting review and an exciting concept.
I was born as a Christian, but I am not religious.
I believe both children and adults connect through creation as a means of conscious awareness. The connection made by the author in terms of spiritual connections through dreams was something I recall from the Bible itself. There are cases where I experienced dreams that appeared to convey messages from the one's departed. I found this experience rather divine and personal. It is wonderful that you connected with this book. Perhaps I may consider giving it a try sometime. Thank you.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”