Review of Blood Vengeance

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Doina Leeming
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doina-leeming.html
Latest Review: Blood Vengeance by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Review of Blood Vengeance

Post by Doina Leeming »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Blood Vengeance" by Charles Alexander.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Blood Vengeance is a modern thriller that will captivate its readers with its upbeat action and charming characters. Charles Alexander creates an atmosphere that encapsulates the lives of characters and alternates between a few stories that eventually merge into one. All his heroes are complex and well-portrayed on paper. They interact to create a captivating story line by being placed at different levels of importance.

Annie Steele, our principal protagonist, exemplifies the blueprint of a superwoman, exhibiting confidence, intelligence, beauty, and extensive training. She is an American police officer who travels to England to investigate the mysterious disappearance of a friend while he was accepting a job offer.

Annie Steele will face many dangerous situations while trying to find at least a trace of Bobby Whittaker. When her path crosses that of Alexander Axeman, everything will ignite into an almost deadly atomic reaction. Alexander Axeman is the typical villain joker, antagonizing directly with the main character of the book. This man is the embodiment of evil, carrying with him a blood oath that he is committed to completing at any cost.

Charles Alexander created the Alexander Axeman persona on the back of the conflict that arose between England and Ireland during turbulent times, using it as the fuel that fed this man’s hatred for anything English. Behind the mask of a philanthropist, the reader is surprised to discover much more.

Although the novel starts slowly, we will soon be trapped in a multidimensional story that twists the plot with every page turn. Unexpected developments are rapidly occurring in the lives of our heroes, and a multitude of mysteries are emerging, causing Annie to become distracted from the very reason she traveled to London. More and more clues are leading her to discover that Bobby has been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and he has made the wrong friends.

I read Blood Vengeance in one go, and I love that its characters seem real—almost palpable. I also enjoyed Annie Steele’s witty humor. Nevertheless, at times it feels similar to watching Terminator, making the finale almost predictable. Therefore, I give this novel 4 out of 5.

Carefully edited and presented with an adequate front cover, Blood Vengeance is a must-read for lovers of mystery thrillers and could be the perfect holiday read. The combination of mystery, crime, humor, tragedy, a touch of sci-fi, and love creates an entertaining work.

Blood Vengeance
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
gorchas
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gorchas »

Thank the reviewer for me

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”