Review of life.............connected

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Review of life.............connected

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "life.............connected" by jacksel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life... Connected, written by Jacksel, is a nonfiction book that talks about the author's perspective on life. The author shared the thoughts of history, religion, and how life is connected—how the brain is connected to various parts of our body and leads to the major functionality of the body.

The author sees people who have mental health issues as humans and advises us that we should see them as such and not avoid them whenever life makes us encounter them. The author speaks of various people who were met in the hospital and also writes about how they ended up in those predicaments and how good some of them were at some activities. The author also emphasized that decisions are based on reasons and that any emotional impulse isn't a factor in decision-making, as reason should be the factor in making decisions. The author pointed out that when there's no reason for a decision, one can make one with the help of the gut. The author made it known that everyone is born with a gut, and we should always fall back on our guts.

One thing I love about this book is that there are life hacks given by the author that I had no idea about before. This then broadened my knowledge about life. Another thing I loved was how the author explained and broke down the meanings of certain terms used in the book. I won't fail to write about my criticisms of this book. The first page, which I see as the cover page, was not eye-catching at all, was not professionally edited, and contained wording that shouldn't be on the front cover of a book. The author also failed to explain the full meaning of the abbreviations that were written in this book. I don't know all the abbreviations, so it would be nice if the meanings of the abbreviations were written next to the abbreviations.

I recommend this book to historians and people who are curious to know more about world religions. My rating for this book is 4 out of 5 stars, as my criticisms of this book are enough reasons to deduct a star.

life.............connected
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
RJ Reviews
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Weep For Love
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 112%

Post by RJ Reviews »

This book certainly addresses an age-old topic. Your review gives us an glimpse into the book's theme. I find your rating well- justified, too. Looking forward to read more from you soon. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”