Review of Where Is Your Eternal Destiny? Heaven or Hell

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jones Mwaniki
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jones-mwaniki.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 220%

Review of Where Is Your Eternal Destiny? Heaven or Hell

Post by Jones Mwaniki »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Where Is Your Eternal Destiny? Heaven or Hell" by Vi Lindemuth.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What comes to mind when you think about the afterlife? Do you believe in heaven and hell, or are you at least curious about them?

Where is Your Eternal Destiny by Vi Lindemuth is a work that primarily answers any questions a person might have about these places. 

The author begins by informing the reader of a priest who had gone to officiate a funeral. The priest talked about heaven and hell, the certainty of death, and how our choice of where we want to go in the afterlife is more important than anything we value in life. The priest then went to sit, where he died quietly. The author uses this example to demonstrate the unpredictability of death, and then explains why it is important to resolve issues concerning the afterlife while we are still alive.

Throughout this work, the author takes a serious tone as she delves into matters of heaven and hell. She explains the difference between the two, outlining what the former has and what the latter lacks. She also emphasises that the only way to avoid an eternity in hell is through Jesus Christ. 

This work is also full of examples, some of which are based on the author's personal experiences. In addition, the author uses Bible verses to support her position in this work. Furthermore, each chapter concludes with a few questions that urge the reader to consider where they would like to end up after their life on Earth. 

My rating for this book is 4/5. This is because the majority of the chapters were short and to the point, which I appreciated. I also liked how the author included other topics that initially did not appear to be related to the afterlife, but turned out to be important. This work is also very insightful because it provides the reader with revelations and perspectives that will change their outlook on the afterlife, which greatly influenced my rating. 

However, the writing tends to sound monotone at times. Furthermore, I believe that the majority of what is written in this book is already known by the average Christian, though explained in greater detail. This work also tends to get repetitive. But I would still encourage anyone who already has an understanding of the afterlife to read this because there are some things they may not be aware of.

This book was written with the Christian faith in mind, and so I would recommend it to Christians, or anyone with an interest in Christianity. I would also recommend this to people in their late teens, as the content in this book may be too much or difficult for a young child's mind to comprehend. 

Where Is Your Eternal Destiny? Heaven or Hell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The premise of this book looks interesting, considering the themes it addresses are relevant to the current human issue. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”