Review of EMA

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RJ Reviews
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Weep For Love
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 112%

Re: Review of EMA

Post by RJ Reviews »

Ah, that sounds like a realistic future. AI is here to stay. The only question is when it'll enslave us. I enjoyed every bit of the review, gaining much insight into this interesting story. I am curious about the futuristic world that the author built. The rating is encouraging and I will keep an eye on this book.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

RJ Reviews wrote: 14 May 2024, 09:22 Ah, that sounds like a realistic future. AI is here to stay. The only question is when it'll enslave us. I enjoyed every bit of the review, gaining much insight into this interesting story. I am curious about the futuristic world that the author built. The rating is encouraging and I will keep an eye on this book.
Thank you RJ for your kind words 🙏🏻. I hope the future will be better than expected. And we benefit from AI without trusting it blindly.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Terry Kimble
Currently Reading: Full Circle
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terry-kimble.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Terry Kimble »

In truth, I'm a little freaked out by where AI is heading. Just as smartphones and the internet have taken over our lives, if they landed in the wrong hands, I fear AI could trump them all. We should tread lightly. I enjoyed this review. I am considering reading this one :D
Sarah Zain
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Zain »

Terry Kimble wrote: 17 May 2024, 06:57 In truth, I'm a little freaked out by where AI is heading. Just as smartphones and the internet have taken over our lives, if they landed in the wrong hands, I fear AI could trump them all. We should tread lightly. I enjoyed this review. I am considering reading this one :D
Thank you, Terry. Glade reading your comment. Indeed, it is something to worry about, especially after reading Al article that AI was able to fool his programmers in one of the tests designed to control it. I hope people deal with it with more caution than blind trust.
David Awunor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-awunor.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door by Ali Master

Post by David Awunor »

A well-written review; I disagree with a comment suggesting human misuse. Instead, efforts should focus on establishing effective regulations to govern AI.
Kareen Hez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareen-hez.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Kareen Hez »

As today's world is increasingly focused on AI, this book will be a great resource for understanding how the future might unfold, even if it is from the author's perspective. I'll definitely pick this one up if I get the chance. Well done on the informative review! :tiphat:
Sarah Zain
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Zain »

David Awunor wrote: 25 May 2024, 01:40 A well-written review; I disagree with a comment suggesting human misuse. Instead, efforts should focus on establishing effective regulations to govern AI.
Thank you David, but sometimes it is actually misuse by humans even now, even though we have not reached this level of technology, I see how some people try to misuse AI. But I also understand the necessity of having laws governing both parties.
Sarah Zain
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Zain »

Kareen Hez wrote: 25 May 2024, 03:44 As today's world is increasingly focused on AI, this book will be a great resource for understanding how the future might unfold, even if it is from the author's perspective. I'll definitely pick this one up if I get the chance. Well done on the informative review! :tiphat:
Thank you, Karen, for your kind words. I hope you will have the chance to read the book. I would be happy to read your opinion about it.
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

This is a very thorough and well-written review and sounds like an intriguing story. I appreciate how you noted that the author managed to show multiple sides of certain issues without forcing the reader to think that one was better than the other, that is certainly something that requires skill. I am glad to hear that you enjoy and recommend this book.
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: The Gromes in "A Top Hat Day" by Zed

Post by Anu Anand »

Thank you for this thorough review! The theme sounds incredibly exciting, especially with its focus on AI, climate change, and the clash of differing viewpoints. Your highlights of the detailed storytelling and balanced perspectives make me want to read it.
Sarah Zain
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Zain »

Julie Basil wrote: 05 Jun 2024, 21:34 This is a very thorough and well-written review and sounds like an intriguing story. I appreciate how you noted that the author managed to show multiple sides of certain issues without forcing the reader to think that one was better than the other, that is certainly something that requires skill. I am glad to hear that you enjoy and recommend this book.
Thank you 🙏🏻 Julie for reading the review and for taking the time to write kind comment.
Sarah Zain
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Zain »

Anu Anand wrote: 06 Jun 2024, 08:43 Thank you for this thorough review! The theme sounds incredibly exciting, especially with its focus on AI, climate change, and the clash of differing viewpoints. Your highlights of the detailed storytelling and balanced perspectives make me want to read it.
Thank you Anu for your kind words. I hope you will get the chance to read it.
Marvelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Marvelly »

This book is a timely addition to my reading list, offering valuable insights into the pressing issues of our era. I'm particularly interested in how the author portrays Montreal, a city that has witnessed significant changes in its winters over the past 50 years. I'm looking forward to diving into this thought-provoking read and exploring the challenges that shape our world today and tomorrow.
Sarah Zain
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Zain »

Marvelly wrote: 07 Jun 2024, 08:56 This book is a timely addition to my reading list, offering valuable insights into the pressing issues of our era. I'm particularly interested in how the author portrays Montreal, a city that has witnessed significant changes in its winters over the past 50 years. I'm looking forward to diving into this thought-provoking read and exploring the challenges that shape our world today and tomorrow.
I think it will be an interesting read Especially if your interested in AI and climate change. This conflict over who is best suited to preserve Earth is both interesting and disturbing at the same time. Thank you for your comment and I hope you read the book and enjoy it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”