Review of Love Letters to the Virgin Mary

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Boddeda Priyanka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boddeda-priyanka.html
Latest Review: Ituy by Taylor Willingham
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Re: Review of Love Letters to the Virgin Mary

Post by Boddeda Priyanka »

A great review. I highly recommend "Love Letters to the Virgin Mary: The Resurrection of King David" to anyone seeking a thought-provoking exploration of faith, identity, and the human experience.
Jones Mwaniki
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jones-mwaniki.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 280%

Post by Jones Mwaniki »

I have been a bit curious about this book, as I have come across it a number of times. The title at first makes one thinks it's a religious book, based on Christianity in particular. This review reveals it is that and more, with a surprise that I found somewhat appealing. The thing about comparing superhero movies to events in the Bible... it is odd, but I believe it is something intriguing to make one read this work.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 620%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thank you very much for your review. I appreciate the intense connection among religions. It is interesting what you say about the storyline.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Do Thi Huong
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do-thi-huong.html
Latest Review: The Fight for Sleep by Thad R Harshbarger

Post by Do Thi Huong »

I'm interested in learning about how religion plays a role in the author's daily life and the differences between the three religions. But it seems like the book needs a better structure.
João Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: 4 Daniel A Precolonial History and My Life History in Rhodesia and Zimbabwe by Edmund Katso

Post by João Ramos »

As a Christian, I feel I'll like the book more than you. Anyway, your review was excellent. Well done.
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 153%

Post by Martina Sette »

I've already read this book and didn't like it that much. I expected much more.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1945
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Volunteer Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary' by David Richards focuses on the strong and weak points of the author's work. It clearly outlines the theme of the non-fiction book about religion. The point that Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are interconnected, influencing each other throughout history is worth mentioning in the review. The author shares how religion plays a role in his daily life. He details stories from his past and how he faced adulthood. Also, the book describes how Mary is portrayed in the Quran. Learning that there are many great quotes from the scriptures, mostly focusing on Christianity and Judaism was great!
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: The hyena stare
Bookshelf Size: 80
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 14%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

This sounds like an open minded author to have to inter connect Christianity with a bit of Judaism. I couldn't help but laugh at the part that was confusing for you but im glad you loved the book. What an interesting read.
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

Wow..the book title, " Love Letters to The Virgin M,ary," didn't grip me, but the contents highlighted in your review did.
I have a diverse, rich religious background, and I have disagreed when being bullied into the concept of one religion being right.
This book interests me, although I have noted your points on why it lacked getting a full rating, simply for the author's view on how Christianity, Judaism, and Islam connect.
Most of the wars that have existed in history have strongly been fueled by either religion or race. My view and why I appreciate Scott Hughes's philosophy ( connecting similar ancient minds throughout centuries from diverse backgrounds) is that we are connected by our human experience of life.
It is interesting that David Richards mentions, Jesus being his imaginary friend; it reminds me of being young and having isolated sessions of attempting to connect with the biblical angels.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”