Review of Brian, Created Intelligence

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Re: Review of Brian, Created Intelligence

Post by Lunar gate »

It's fascinating to read someone's review and aspire to write as honestly as they do. While going through others' comments and perspectives, I've come to understand that everyone has a unique thought process. As a result, I don't have a strong opinion about the book. Overall, I've decided to skip reading it because it doesn't seem like an easy read.
Stephen Christopher 1
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

Lunar gate wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 04:28 It's fascinating to read someone's review and aspire to write as honestly as they do. While going through others' comments and perspectives, I've come to understand that everyone has a unique thought process. As a result, I don't have a strong opinion about the book. Overall, I've decided to skip reading it because it doesn't seem like an easy read.
Thanks, Lunar, for your kind words. I feel like being honest, especially when a book is this challenging to read, will help other readers to make informed decisions before choosing their next book.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading: Weep For Love
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 112%

Post by RJ Reviews »

That's a lot of negatives! That you still read it proved you commitment as a reviewer. Sudden and unexpected pov change is disorienting, I hate it so much. It's really regrettable that such a promising book is not structured better. I appreciate your honest review and rating. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Stephen Christopher 1

RJ Reviews wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 22:34 That's a lot of negatives! That you still read it proved you commitment as a reviewer. Sudden and unexpected pov change is disorienting, I hate it so much. It's really regrettable that such a promising book is not structured better. I appreciate your honest review and rating. Thank you.
HI RJ, to be honest it was the captivating storyline that kept me going, so props to the author for that, but yeah I think the structure needs a huge overhaul.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Symbol by Giovanni Flores

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

I don't think that I like the whole concept of AI having its own mind and it scares the hell out of me. After watching several movies about how AI wants to get rid of humanity or control us, I wouldn't like the whole idea. But I would like to read this book though to know the authors perspective.
Stephen Christopher 1

Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango wrote: 04 Apr 2024, 21:59 I don't think that I like the whole concept of AI having its own mind and it scares the hell out of me. After watching several movies about how AI wants to get rid of humanity or control us, I wouldn't like the whole idea. But I would like to read this book though to know the authors perspective.
Hi, well this book takes your fear to a whole new level as it's a human brain that's created, as an AI. Very scary, but who knows if it's not going to be what the future holds. I hope you enjoy the story.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ajain12 »

"Brian, Created Intelligence" offers a thought-provoking premise, exploring the potential link between AI and a genetically manufactured brain. While the storyline is fascinating, the book suffers from structural issues, including confusing timelines and abrupt narrative switches. Despite professional editing, reader-friendliness is lacking, requiring improvements for better readability. However, fans of sci-fi and AI enthusiasts may still find the concept engaging, despite these challenges.
Mfon Ukim
Currently Reading: Popop's Grimoire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mfon Ukim »

The whole idea of attaching a human brain to AI always leaves me speechless. A little incredulous, I think. But if he perhaps solves a real problem then why not. I certainly would to read the author's views concerning this development.
Stephen Christopher 1

Mfon Ukim wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 19:37 The whole idea of attaching a human brain to AI always leaves me speechless. A little incredulous, I think. But if he perhaps solves a real problem then why not. I certainly would to read the author's views concerning this development.
Hi Mfon, yes, the entire concept is so intriguing, and that's what kept me going through the book. Interestingly at no point did I question that this creation couldn't be real.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Books about AI and dystopia remind me of Terminator. This book might be interesting to add to my reading list. Thank you for writing this review. What a great writing.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Stephen Christopher 1

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 21:55 Books about AI and dystopia remind me of Terminator. This book might be interesting to add to my reading list. Thank you for writing this review. What a great writing.
Thanks Tomy for your kind words.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 67%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

It feels really bad , when good concepts doens't get solid storyline or impactful narration without fillers. The concepts feels intersting but if theres confusion between chapters that's gonna be truly challenging.
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 20

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

The reviewer takes a critical look at "Brian, Created Intelligence" by AJ Pagan IV, highlighting its intriguing premise and insightful musings on AI while also addressing significant issues with its structure and readability, ultimately offering a mixed assessment.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 67%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

Sometimes, few books start with great time but as story moves, the concepts loose it's charm. I believe this book went through same, AI subject is curious topic yet the author not able to deliver intense output.
Stephen Christopher 1

Harshitha Nayak wrote: 14 May 2024, 13:56 It feels really bad , when good concepts doens't get solid storyline or impactful narration without fillers. The concepts feels intersting but if theres confusion between chapters that's gonna be truly challenging.
Harshitha, it really was. I had to keep the chapter list open the entire time to be sure I knew where in the timeline the current chapter fell. It was confusing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”