Review of Just Die

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Martina Sette
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 146%

Review of Just Die

Post by Martina Sette »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Just Die" by E Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Just Die" by E. Alan Fleischauer is a paranormal thriller about the complex themes of power, morality, and the consequences of one's actions. In this novel, we follow the story of a man named Jake Silver who has survived a stroke. However, he discovers he possesses an extraordinary power to cause instant death simply by gesturing and saying, "Just die."

One of my favorite parts of this book was its inventive premise, which immediately grabbed my attention and kept me hooked throughout. The concept of an ordinary man suddenly gaining such immense power is intriguing, prompting readers to ponder what they would do if faced with a similar situation. The author explores the ethical dilemmas that arise from Jake's newfound abilities, forcing both the protagonist and the audience to confront difficult questions about justice, responsibility, and the greater good.

Another thing I liked in this book was its memorable cast of characters, particularly Omar, the former NFL player turned nurse who became Jake's unlikely sidekick. Omar injects much-needed humor and levity into the story, providing a refreshing counterbalance to the darker themes at play. His dynamic with Jake is great and enhances the overall reading experience.

Fleischauer's writing is fast-paced and immersive, keeping readers on the edge of their seats as the plot unfolds. The author skillfully blends suspense, action, and political intrigue, crafting a story that is as thrilling as it is captivating. Having such power is very dangerous for anyone, and creating a story based on this is truly interesting. So, I believe the author did an excellent job.

In conclusion, I rate "Just Die" 5 out of 5 stars for its originality, engaging characters, and compelling storyline. There's nothing I disliked; I liked everything! Also, it's well edited since I've found no errors. I highly recommend this book to fans of paranormal thrillers, political dramas, and anyone looking for a captivating read that will leave them pondering long after they've turned the final page.

Just Die
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Paranormal thriller can be an intriguing concept. Reading your review make me eager to read the book. Thanks for the review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Priya Murugesan »

I have read this book and didn't like it really. Glad that you liked it!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: The Grids of the Word Crosser - Complete Edition by Daniel Fonkem

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

Great review! I read this book too, and it left me with lingering, serious questions: Is this power divinely ordained? Could Jake emerge as America's newest hero and true patriot, or does taking a life irreversibly diminish one's humanity?
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: The Curious Cousins and the African Elephant Expedition by Dr. Debra Ford Msc.D

Post by Gerry Steen »

I have read several reviews about this book. Before reading your review, I had decided not to read this book even though I enjoyed reading the same author's non-fiction book. Your review added elements that interest me such as the character, Omar, and the humor that is in the book. I will add this book to my bookshelves. Thank you. :techie-studyinggray:
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: We ae volulhirer
Bookshelf Size: 79
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 14%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

This sounds like an interesting book . I can already imagine a power as such and how mentally unstable it would make me. I love how you have described it in the review and it makes me want to read it too
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

I am not a big fan of thrillers, but I am glad to hear that you enjoyed this book so much and that it was well edited. Keep up the good work!
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”