Review of A World Diverse III

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Runan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Review of A World Diverse III

Post by Runan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A World Diverse III" by David Edmond.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

How often do we truly see the world around us and appreciate the diversity present? People from various walks of life travel to different places around the world to grow and succeed in life, not just for themselves but for their families too. They settle down and work hard to make a home for themselves in a new place. Explore the world through the eyes of David Edmond CD as his thoughts take a poetic form in his book, World Diverse III.

The author divides his collection of poems into three sections in this book. The first section talks about the author’s deep thoughts about life and compassion for fellow humans, while also making readers understand relationships. The second section makes readers empathize with the author about losing a loved one and brings forth the mixed emotions of a caregiver. The third section talks about handing the baton of responsibilities from boomers to millennials as they take over leadership and guide the world.

The author’s collective thoughts take shape in the form of beautiful poetry. The first poem, titled “Journey’s End,” draws comparisons between our life journey and that of a train journey. Passengers board the train. Some leave midway, some stay till the end; in the same way, people come and go from our lives. The end destination remains the same, and one day we will all arrive at our destination. I love how the author started his contemporary collection of poems with a wonderful comparison.

I appreciate the author using simple language as opposed to the complex language usually employed in poems. This ensures that non-poetry readers relish the poems in their entirety. Having served in the Royal Canadian Air Force, the author writes a heartfelt poem, “Our Heroes,” where he honors soldiers’ sacrifices. He speaks his mind on diverse topics, such as the importance of leadership in maintaining peace and harmony and how Mother Nature does not discriminate like humans.

Each verse is around four to six lines. I was happy to absorb the author’s wisdom from his poetry. I cannot find anything to criticize in this book. As a bonus, the editing of this book is great, with minimal errors. This book is suitable for everyone, irrespective of whether they like poetry or not. Therefore, I recommend this book to teenagers and adults alike. Considering all the positive points, I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

A World Diverse III
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Runan
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: Grace Revealed by Frederick J. Sievert
2024 Reading Goal: 75
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

I’m going to download this book and track down “Our Heroes” for potential use in a Memorial Day social post. Very cool that he spans topics as diverse as the importance of leadership in maintaining peace (some in political theory believe that peace is just a random gap between wars, right?). Thanks for the awesome review!
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Affirm The Word by J. Marie Jones

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

Peopl3 come from different nations and walks of life, and no one can truly be like the other. This makes the world diverse and yet filled with billions of people who seem to be the same.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: Madame Ph.D.: Growing Up Black in DC and Beating the Odds by Gwynette Ford Lacy, Ph.D., MBA
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 53%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

This is not a regular go-to book for me, and I rarely read poetry books. However, I find your analysis of the book interesting, and I fell in love with the title "Journey's End." It is relatable and practical. Often, we become sad when people leave our lives instead of recognizing that their part in our journey has ended. I appreciate the author's insightful perspective. You did a great job with this review, and I will add this title to my shelf.
That I may know Him :arrow: Philippians 3:10
Terry Kimble
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terry-kimble.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Terry Kimble »

This sounds like the perfect poetry fit for me. Poetry is usually cerebral and subjective, and for me requires a much slower pace, so I only dabble here and there. Thank you for this informative review; I enjoyed it and will add this book to my stack! :techie-studyinggray:
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I think this will be an interesting book to teach us about diversity think. It's related to current issue of the human world where people sometimes still treat people badly because of some minor difference
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”